Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Fasteners is great but...

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Louis.Demers
312 Views, 5 Replies

Insert Fasteners is great but...

is missing too many sizes of standard fasteners like M2 M2.5 M1.6 Hexagon Socket Flat Countersunk Head Cap Screw

I know how to add custom threads to the hole feature by editing some xml file.

Is there something similar for insert fasteners ? When can we expect more complete library ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MRWakefield
in reply to: Louis.Demers

I'm seeing M1.6 Cap Head Screws or are you looking for something else?

MRWakefield_0-1712934289532.png

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 6
Louis.Demers
in reply to: MRWakefield

Indeed, you a right. I mistakenly wrote socket instead of countersunk hex head.

The smallest is  Broached Hexagon Socket Flat Countersunk Head Cap Screw ANSI B18.3.5M - M3x6

In the socket head category, its various lengths that I found missing ...some time ago, but can't trace right now.

PS: I'll edit my original post if I can...

Message 4 of 6
MRWakefield

I think the available sizes are in accordance with whichever standard you choose. I've checked against ISO 10642 "Hexagon socket countersunk head screws" and that particular standard covers a range of M3 to M20 and various lengths in the 8mm to 100mm range. I'm sure there are many sizes you can get commercially that don't appear in the standards but it would be difficult for AD to include every size that's commercially available. What would be good is if Fusion provided the ability to configure your own custom sizes according to your requirements.

You can edit the fastener as a component once you've inserted it but it's still not ideal.

MRWakefield_0-1712939757514.png

If this answers your question please mark the thread as solved as it can help others find solutions in the future.
Marcus Wakefield

I've created a Windows application for creating custom thread files for Fusion. You can find out about it here. Hope you find it useful.

Message 5 of 6
Louis.Demers
in reply to: MRWakefield

Interesting, I did not know I could do that, but that is way too cumbersome.... 

Back to using McMaster-CARR

Message 6 of 6
Roman_Vesely

Hi Louis.Demers,

thank you for your feedback. We are continuosly ading new content and as priority we are also using your requests. If you have a list of missing standards / sizes you can easily put it into the Request additional content page https://autodeskfeedback.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bJEdbaHfua0FEBU

You can just search in Insert Fastener for something what doesn't exist like M 1.01 or anything else and you will see the page with this link:

Roman_Vesely_0-1713445335304.png

Best regards

Roman

Roman Vesely

Inventor - Principal QA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report