Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Module Freezing/Unresponsive

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
milleramatt
600 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing Module Freezing/Unresponsive

Hello,

I recently re-installed F360 on my computer after reformatting the windows OS.

F360 becomes almost completely unresponsive whenever I open an old drawing or attempt to create a new drawing.  The modeling feature is working perfect as long as I do not first attempt to open anything drawing related.  Once I open a drawing I must close the program.

I can see the cursor on the drawing but it appears as a center-mark cursor and I can only lasso select items on the drawing.  None of the toolbars or menu bars are clickable.  I have tried old drawings, new drawings, all have the same result.  I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clearing cache, updating drivers, diagnostics tools.  Nothing is working for me I have searched google but it seems to interchange the word sketch and drawing.  I am not describing a sketching problem I am describing a drawing problem.

Please help me with this.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
milleramatt
in reply to: milleramatt

Anybody? I would like to purchase an F360 subscription but I need the full functionality.
Message 3 of 10
jhackney1972

If you rebuilt your Windows operating system, I would guess that you did not finish installing your graphic card drivers as this issue sounds like a graphic issue.  Update these drivers and then select the "?" mark, in the upper right corner of Fusion 360 and take a look at your Graphics Diagnostic.  Also go you your Preferences and check your Graphic Driver choice.

Graphics Driver.jpgGraphics Diagnostic.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 10
milleramatt
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the latest driver for my graphics card and experience no performance issues for more graphic intensive aspects of F360 such as modeling.  Only the drawing module gives me problems.

For the graphics driver select I leave it on "auto-select"  are you suggesting I try switching to others?

graphicsdriver.PNG

drv.PNG

Message 5 of 10
liang_chen

Checking the driver in Nvidia web page, the latest version was on 3/30. Please update to the latest version, and restart PC after updating graphics driver, then check if drawing will work. Thanks

https://www.nvidia.cn/Download/driverResults.aspx/203214/en-us/

Version: 474.30 WHQL

Release Date: 2023.3.30

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 11

Language: English (US) File Size: 706.87 MB

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 10
milleramatt
in reply to: liang_chen

Hi Liang,

This resolved it.

I'm not sure why that worked though. I used the same download prior to posting my problem and it shows the same date and build number as I posted before. 

Anyways I am happy and appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 7 of 10
RamsisLahmadi

i am currently having the same problem with fusion 360, is there any other way this can be resolved? i tried to update my graphics card pilot but still nothing changed, it is very urgent and my work is unfortunatly on hold because of not being able to use the drawings extension

Message 8 of 10
aho1

I came across the same issue. Sadly, I tried to upgrade the latest version or downgrade my Nvidia Drivers. But it doesn't solve the issue.

Would you please advise which driver should I use? Thank you.

====================================================

[GPU Information]
GPU Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with Max-Q Design
GPU RAM: 3968 MB
GPU Driver API: DirectX 11.0
GPU Driver Version: 531.41
GPU Driver Date: 03/17/2023

[Graphics Effects Settings]
Anti Aliasing: Off
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Object Shadow: Off
Ground Shadow: Off
Ground Reflection: Off
Selection Display Style: Simple
Transparency Effect: Better Performance

[Limit effects to optimize performance]
On

Message 9 of 10
liang_chen
in reply to: aho1

Checking the driver in Nivdia web page, the latest version is 536.67 on 2023.7.18. Please check if updating to latest version will resolve the issue. 

https://www.nvidia.cn/Download/driverResults.aspx/209268/en-us/

Version: 536.67 WHQL

Release Date: 2023.7.18

Besiding updating grpahics driver, we got some feedbacks from users. This issue happened on their sides and was resolved by updating system or window feature, such as VC Redist and .net framework. Please have a try.

1. Installing the vc-redist : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#visual-studio...
  2. Re-installing the .net framework and updating the pending cumulative update(KB:5028937) for .Net framework

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
aho1

thanks for your prompt response. 

Installing "VC Redist" you advise solved the problem.

Once again, thank you so much. ^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report