Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions and Text not Showing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
6766 Views, 10 Replies

Dimensions and Text not Showing

When I create or edit a sketch none of the dimension values show and all text made only shows as boxes. If I double click any of the dimension lines I can view and edit the value fine but it does not show the number after I enter it. The text only shows as rectangles for each letter. I don't know if these are two separate issues or have the same cause but they both have to do with sketches.

I have tried restarting the program and computer as well as a clean uninstall and reinstall of fusion. The issues are also now on models I created years ago, which there was I know there was no problem then. 

Any help is greatly appreciated, not being able to see dimensions is very annoying.

Fusion 360 version 2.0623

Mac OS Mojave 10.15

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you running Catalina beta ? As Mojave is 10.14 not 10.15 as you stated ?  If so its a known bug at the moment with the Beta version.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Yes I meant to write Catalina not Mojave. It being a known issue did not come up when I looked up the issues. Thanks for the reply I'll just wait for updates.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi 

I have the exact same problem, did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Yes. I upgraded to latest Fusion 360 and installed Catalina Release version.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

i sometimes fix sketch relate issues like data or options dissapearing by finishing the sketch clicking the finish bottom, and reopening the edit feature.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. 

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

Fusion: 2.0.6263

Was your fix that you upgraded to latest MacOS and latest Fusion 360?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Yes that’s how I solved it !
Message 9 of 11
therealsamchaney

Just wanted to let you (and anyone else who sees this) know that Autodesk is currently accepting feedback on proposed updates to the Text function and adding a new Text On Path function. Below are the links:

If you have some time, please go give these proposals a like, and submit your feedback before these threads close.

Thanks!

-Sam

Message 10 of 11
detchells

Closing and re-opening the sketch fixed this issue for me. (Fusion 360 2.0.9642 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7) Thanks!

Message 11 of 11

Hi @detchells,

This is very unfortunate to see the issue is persistent.
The Fusion version you reported (2.0.9642) is very old...!
Whereas the latest build is 2.0.15299
Can you please give a try on latest Fusion Production version just to re-confirm the issue?
PS:
A clean installation is highly recommended, just in case - corrupt cache is giving the trouble.

Amit Suryawanshi
SQA Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report