Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay on any camera movement

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RandomGgames
325 Views, 4 Replies

Delay on any camera movement

I've noticed that when I first start to move the camera when in the design editor, there is a noticeable lag when first starting to make the movement. This includes zooming after I've done a previous camera move, starting to pan, and starting to rotate. After it gets past this initial lag however, as long as I don't stop whatever motion I am doing and do a different one, it is completely smooth.

I've recorded an example and uploaded it. 

What's going on? How can I fix this issue/improve it? My computer hardware should be plenty powerful for this to not be happening. I'm running a Ryzen 7 5800X cpu with an RTX 2070 gpu, using an M.2 solid state drive and I have 32GB of ram, yet I just noticed a spike in CPU usage every time I experience this camera move lag (from 10% to 40% utilization)

Tags (2)
Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Rafal.Chlod
in reply to: RandomGgames

Hi @RandomGgames, thanks for posting.

You can try to check different graphics setting to improve your Fusion 360 performance. Check the following articles for some instructions:

If my answer helped you, please click Accept Solution. Thanks!

Rafał Chłód
Global Product Support

My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars | Tips and Best Practices | Troubleshooting

Message 3 of 5
RandomGgames
in reply to: Rafal.Chlod

I have tried changing settings, updated graphics, and even uninstalled, deleted the appdata folders, and reinstalled. Still no luck.
Message 4 of 5
Rafal.Chlod
in reply to: RandomGgames

When you open the Graphics Diagnostic window, does it show your dedicated graphics card or an integrated one? If the second option is visible, you could try to change it with the steps from this article.
I would also check some additional Graphics settings in the Fusion 360 Preferences.

graph.png

If my answer helped you, please click Accept Solution. Thanks!

Rafał Chłód
Global Product Support

My Screencasts | Fusion 360 Webinars | Tips and Best Practices | Troubleshooting

Message 5 of 5
RandomGgames
in reply to: Rafal.Chlod

Yes it shows my GPU correctly.

I have tried selecting multiple combinations of options within the graphics panel with no luck as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report