Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash when opening drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ondrej.valach
835 Views, 7 Replies

Crash when opening drawing

Hello

Always I want to open drawing Fusion crashes. (See attached photo and crash log files)

I have a student licensed Fusion 360. (ver. 2.0.8412)

I have MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

I tried to update my macOS from High Sierra to Mojave.

I tried to reinstall SW(also used fusion cleaner).

I tried to install fusion also on my Windows PC (Win 7) it also crashes.

I didn't find any solution for this.

Thanks for help.

Fusion crash.jpg

Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @ondrej.valach ,
I feel sad to hear your problem.
Based on the description, can you please confirm if you are getting a crash for file from scratch even?
If it is data specific issue, the particular file will be more useful to investigate further.

Thanks & regards
Amit Suryawanshi

Amit Suryawanshi
SQA Fusion 360
Message 3 of 8

Yes It crashes even if I create basic circle (or any other design) and want to do drawing from it. If my friend open my design file he is able to open drawing from it without problems on his MAC.

Message 4 of 8

Hi @ondrej.valach ,
Thank you for providing additional info.
The investigation process has been started for this crash, will try to keep you posted for further updates.
Thanks & regards
Amit Suryawanshi
Fusion SQA

Amit Suryawanshi
SQA Fusion 360
Message 5 of 8
kris_berg
in reply to: ondrej.valach

Hi @ondrej.valach ,

We have been investigating this and believe your Mac crash is related to having a case sensitive drive.  Do you have a case sensitive drive? If so, it is possible to install Fusion 360 on a case insensitive drive?  We are still looking into solutions.  I will get back to you as soon as I have more data.

Thanks,

Kris Berg
Senior Software Architect - Autodesk
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: kris_berg

I've been seeing this same crash, and Fusion 360 is installed on a case-sensitive volume. Is it a requirement that the drive is case-insensitive, or just a bug?

I'll install to a case-insensitive drive and report back.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll install to a case-insensitive drive and report back.

Ok never mind, that won't be possible. Apparently:

• The installation location is fixed. Another one cannot be specified, such as on a different drive.

(according to https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-does-Fusion-360-get-installed.html)

This apparently means I can neither work with Drawings nor work around the bug. Converting my main data volume to case-insensitive is not an option for me.

Message 8 of 8
ondrej.valach
in reply to: kris_berg

I would like to install it on case insensitive disk but I am not able to choose a location. Is there another way? So I will completely reinstall my Mac and format disk to case insensitive and hope it will help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report