Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU usage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
slaughlin79
224 Views, 3 Replies

CPU usage

Excuse my ignorance but is it normal to see a simple 2d contour chamfer use 100 percent CPU to generate and about the same to simulate. 

I recently bout a proper workstation so I wouldn’t have these problems bc I since a recent update my laptop that was working quite well just took a dump and would barely do anything in fusion.

But now I should have enough to not see a blip but not the case. Windows 10 pro for workstations, Xeon 10855,32gb, quadro rtx 4000.

any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HughesTooling
in reply to: slaughlin79

Have you got in progress stock enabled? Personally turn it off as it make toolpath generation too slow.

image.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
slaughlin79

No progress whatsoever. I’m currently sitting here, waiting for 10 minutes for a sweep to calculate just to be told there was a problem combining geometry but it’s pretty **** straight forward. I’m trying to repair an about 3” diameter lead screw that got damaged on a machine that a company needs yesterday bc they are shut down without it and fusion doesn’t have square threads so I have to use the coil command that is just, I don’t know and waiting for these sweeps is killing me. I can’t make money like this. I did what you said above still running slow as molasses on a freezing day.

Message 4 of 4
jeff_strater

@slaughlin79 - is this a CAM issue or a modeling issue (or both?)  The first message refers to a 2D contour, which makes me think it is CAM, but message 3 refers to a sweep that takes 10 minutes.  I am interested more in the sweep problem.  Can you share this model here?

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report