Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Models with Drawings

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
TPrice_71
590 Views, 8 Replies

Copy Models with Drawings

I was reading the new blog post about copying designs and the drawings that go with them. When I select copy from the data panel, I don't get the pop up window to select the drawing options as it shows in the blog post. I am running version 2.0.16009 x86_64. Is there some settings that I need to activate somewhere to get this feature?

Thanks for any help!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HughesTooling
in reply to: TPrice_71

Think this is coming in the next release. 

If you only have one design and one drawing you can create a copy now by downloading the drawing then reupload to a different project. The 2d drawing will bring along the design it was created from.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
TPrice_71

Thanks! Looking forward to it being released.  

Message 4 of 9
TPrice_71

I just updated Fusion this morning and I still do not have this feature. Is it working for anyone else?

Message 5 of 9
HughesTooling

Doesn't seem to be! I've tried to contact someone from AutoDesk, I'll let you know what they say.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
bilboburgler

It is now August, does anyone know if this is fixed or is there some other barrier to accessing it?

Message 7 of 9

If I try copying a design that has a drawing attached I get a dialog asking if I want to include the drawing.

HughesTooling_0-1692785914940.png

You only get drawings for the design you're copying, not any that might be associated with linked subassemblies.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
jhackney1972
in reply to: bilboburgler

It is here now.  Right click on a model, that has associated drawing(s) in the Data Panel, choose Copy and this dialog box will appear.  This is from a Subscription of Fusion 360, did not test Personal.

Copy Drawings.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 9 of 9
tomas.b

Unfortunately, it does not work at least for sheet metal parts.

If doing a "copy with drawings" and then renaming the two copies, you can see that there are external references between the new files, but the sheet metal part inside the drawing keeps the old name.

tomasb_1-1705146802465.png

And the file browser says "out of date reference" as shown in pictures.

tomasb_0-1705146758954.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report