Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component won't render when added to assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
uitdebuurtfa
213 Views, 4 Replies

Component won't render when added to assembly

Hi,

I have a file that renders just fine on its own. Then, when I add it to another assembly as a component, it renders in a solid grey color. I've tried duplicating the component. I've created another assembly to see if that gave the same result. I've tried cloud rendering and local rendering, but it just doesn't seem to render. Driving me up the wall frankly. 

The weird thing is that it did work a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's related to some kind of corruption I had on the file. I had to save a previous version as a new version to get it to open again. 

Does someone here know what's causing this?

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

That's certainly odd behavior. I cannot reproduce it though:

TrippyLighting_0-1674666713568.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for trying!

I figured maybe it would work for me when I would import the exported file. So basically now I did exactly what you did, but still the strange result...

uitdebuurtfa_0-1674677711604.png

Message 4 of 5

Ahh, yes, this is a known problem I've reported quite a while ago and quite possibly have not been the first one to report it.

Certain textures render in the Canvas render fine, but do not render in the cloud or local render. Quite frustrating!

TrippyLighting_0-1674678622178.png

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

I didn't even realize I could use "in canvas render". I kind of forgot about its existence...
At least this helps me get a good enough result to communicate. 

Thanks!

(and yeah, pretty annoying ;-). Still weird it doesn't have this problem at part level. Only once I add it to another assembly. Makes little sense to me...)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report