Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Dimension Units in 2D Drawing Space does not change numerical values of tolerances for the changed units.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Swarfmaker
109 Views, 1 Reply

Changing Dimension Units in 2D Drawing Space does not change numerical values of tolerances for the changed units.

I have a 2D drawing of a component that was dimensioned in imperial units with tolerances on several dimensions.  I was asked for a version of the drawing with metric dimensions.  To do this I just changed 'Dimension Units' in the 'Document Settings' panel.

Unexpectedly, the tolerance values did not change numerically, but the units indicator did change to mm.  So now the metric dimensioned drawing displays incorrect tolerance values and each dimension will have to be manually corrected.

To assist diagnosis I selected to have alternate units (i.e. both units) displayed.  Then the tolerance value of the alternate unit is displayed with the correct alternate unit value.

The failure to update tolerances when dimension units are changed could have very serious consequences in a production environment.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
-KyleWilliams-
in reply to: Swarfmaker

Hey @Swarfmaker 
The drawings team is having a look. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Kyle Williams
Senior Customer Advocacy Manager - Design and Documentation
Ontario, Canada

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report