Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant draw sharp font letter punch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
keySAWRC
706 Views, 4 Replies

Cant draw sharp font letter punch

I am struggling to draw a stamp that the letters taper to sharp point.

I have tried various fonts that I can extrude no problems but when I try to taper the extrusion to a point I get height differences due to the different widths of the fonts. (see attached BPic.png)

I have tried many different fonts and even tried downloading "monoline" fonts but none seem to be equal widths.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Steve

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wmhazzard
in reply to: keySAWRC

What I would do is explode the text in a sketch, then use the offset tool to draw the inside of the letter at a consistent width and extrude from there.  See the attached file. 

B stamp.JPG

Message 3 of 5
keySAWRC
in reply to: wmhazzard

Hi

Thanks for that. Not a bad way of doing it for occasional single letters or short words.

I would however also like to be able to do this quickly and easily for longer sentences or addresses. I intent to make custom branding irons for leather or wood projects. I am hobbyist and will try to work out if your method can be adapted to do multiple letters when i get some time.

Message 4 of 5
wmhazzard
in reply to: keySAWRC

Once you got the 26 letters done, you can insert as many copies of each letter that you need for a sentence and use joints to place them. 

Message 5 of 5
keySAWRC
in reply to: wmhazzard

Will give that a go, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report