Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view DXF file exported from fusion 360 in other CAD programs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
424 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot view DXF file exported from fusion 360 in other CAD programs

I have a sketch in fusion 360 that I exported from fusion 360 to DXF. I would like to cut this design on my laser cutter.

When I try and open the DXF file in my laser cutter software it does not view the correct design. I then tried and view the DXF file in Solidworks but the result is even worse. See the attaches screenshots.fusion360.jpgLaserCutter.jpgSolidworks.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you export? It looks like it's edge on in Solidworks. Can you share the f3d and DXF here? You'll have to add the DXF to a ZIP file to attach or the forum software will block it.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

I just exported. There are no options when exporting except for selecting the file format. For which I selected DXF.

F3D and DXF files attached

yes, it seems like solidworks is interpreting the file from the side. But I'm not bothered about solidworks. I would like to cut the file in my laser software

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Message 5 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I just exported. There are no options when exporting except for selecting the file format. For which I selected DXF.

F3D and DXF files attached

In Fusion, right click the sketch in the browser and select Save As DXF. Think this is where you went wrong.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Wonderful! Thank you. I'm an ex solidworks user. Newbie to fusion 360.

Message 7 of 7

Your DXF is OK it's just on the XZ plane. If you export the sketch from the browser in fusion it'll be on the XY plane and should work for you.

Clipboard02.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report