Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer projects back from Team Hubs to a Personal Hub

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
logoswego
430 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot transfer projects back from Team Hubs to a Personal Hub

After following a misleadingly titled tutorial (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...), in an attempt to transfer my project files from one account (a school account) to another account (my personal account), I uploaded my projects to a Team Hub that I created. I would very much like to return my projects to their respective personal hubs. So far I have been unable to find a way to do this.

I have exported copies of my files from the team hub and formed them into a new project in my personal hub, but the project files are all missing their version histories.

Is there no way for me to retrieve each of the projects in their entirety (including the version histories of the project files) and import them into their original personal hubs?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gasevsm
in reply to: logoswego

Greetings,

Yessir, the upgrade of projects from single-user storage (aka personal hub)  to nexgen Fusion Team environment is one-directional. May I ask what is it that is prompting you to rethink and going backwards?  You do get more collaboration, control and functionality support within Fusion Team for personal projects that you upgrade over to Team. 

While you are in transition period of using both, please make use of the "Team Switcher in Data Panel" called out  with our March 2020 What's New. https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/march-2020-product-update-whats-new/.  

In addition, considering an education account is involved, kindly review the guidance outlined here. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/getting-s...

Regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 6
logoswego
in reply to: gasevsm

Hi,

My main concern was regarding my education license. Once my license expires (and I need to switch to a personal use license) will I still be able to access the project in the Teams Hub? If so then there is no issue, but the description of the personal use license says that the license does not include team collaboration and data management. Would I have to pay for a subscription just so that I could access my files?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
dudu_268

Hello

Nice to see that I'm not the only one with this problem and thinking this way.
I have exactly the same question so I'll keep my eye on this thread.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
logoswego
in reply to: gasevsm

Please, I would really appreciate it if you could transfer my projects to my personal hub. I would still like to use Fusion 360 for my future projects but I do not want to lose my old ones once my license expires.

With the amount of work that I have put into these projects, it isn't feasible for me to try to complety remake them on a new platform.

Message 6 of 6
levesqs

I also was mislead into this. I wanted to transfer only FEW PARTS from my personal design to the team that I created. Now entire projects are stuck into seperated 'area' and no way to repair this or restore back to situation before this append!  Now I have parts that are disconected. This user interface for mooving is a disaster!  We now lost the clear consiousness that parts in single-user-storage are not seen/modified/deleted without having to constantly micro manage user and access...  Only way now for me to fix this is to create an EMPTY team with no other members and regroup all my stuff there. Hopefull one day we will have a possibility to CLEARLY move only Team_A/project_B/folder_C/part_D  to Team_X/project_Y/folder_Z

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report