Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't view .dwg file - missing genltshp.shx file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4310 Views, 5 Replies

can't view .dwg file - missing genltshp.shx file

I've exported a drawing file in both pdf and dwg format.

I can view the .pdf version fine.

I'm using DraftSight 2017 x64 SP2  to manage my .dwg & .dxf files

when I try to load the .dwg file it says:

File not found - genltshp.shx

Substituting [LTypeShp.shx] for [genltshp.shx]

while the drawing sheet diagram comes up, the drawing is empty

no part details are there.

where can I find the missing file?

Frank Pirz

Media Conversions LLC

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied. - sorry you are mistaken - there wasn't any HTML in my posting.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

The quick answer is the views are in drawing space and only AutoDesk programs can read the info. If you do a search for DWG I'm sure you'll find lots of other posts on this problem. Some people have used DWG Trueview to convert to older file versions and open with Draftsight,  I've tried opening with Rhino but couldn't get it to work.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Mark - thanks for the quick response. I did a forum search but didn't find anything that referenced the missing genltshp.shx file.

A Google search shows up other people with complaints of .dwg files that can't be loaded because of the same missing file.

I'm not sure what you mean by "drawing space" as the .dwg file was exported to my computer by F360 (ie, not moved around/saved in the "cloud" )

and I was expecting a complete document that could be passed onto a CNC shop.

I doubt the software the CNC shop uses to process drawings and produce cutting files for customers is AutoDesk's software.

So there's little reason to believe they would have a copy of the missing file laying around [unless they've had to solve the problem themselves]

Exporting documents, to me in any case, implies a complete document that does not need any additional components to be interpreted.

If I can't export .dwg files from F360 then my workflow cycle is broken and using F360 becomes prohibitively time consuming.

Frank Pirz

Media Conversions LLC

Message 4 of 6
HughesTooling

The missing font is a bit of a red hearing, the bigger problem is you'll need AutoCAD or AutoCAD Lt to read the files Fusion produces. There's a bit more info Here.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Oh chuckles 🙂 I actually own a copy of Autocad LT. - actually AutocadLT99

it stopped working when I went to windows 7 and for a while I ran a win2k emulation so I could get it to work 🙂

now that I'm running win10 i don't think I'd really want to do that again. [as though I could actually figure out how  😞  ]

the posting you linked to provides a reasonable explanation of what's going on, but the 'work-around' of exporting the

sketch from the canvas won't work as the design is composed from several sketches and I need a single drawing.

My current Rube Goldberg is to export the completed design in .iges format and then pull it into a different 3D design

package which actually can export .dwg files that the rest of the world can use..

Frank Pirz

Media Conversions LLC

Message 6 of 6
GeoffPacker7777

Hello,

I use draftsight as well as Fusion, both play with other with a bit of encouragement!

I use Trueview DWG convert, select convert to 2007 dwg file format.

click OK on font requester.

On loading in draftsight The sheets should be laid out, same as fusion.

Use explode on each view and all should be good.

A bit of a workaround, but only takes a minute or so.

Geoff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report