Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't choose/edit the # of T-Splines for a cylinder in forms

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
M.Keith.Thompson
395 Views, 11 Replies

Can't choose/edit the # of T-Splines for a cylinder in forms

When I create a cylinder, it automatically creates 8 T-Splines around and 4 high.  After I select the center point and the diameter it creates it without allowing me to choose the # of T-Splines.  Editing will not allow me either, the options are gone.  I have watched videos on how to do this, but the software is not working as described.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Set diameter,

but do not set length with the mouse, 

fill in the dialogue box first, including length.

dsdb.PNG

Might help...

Message 3 of 12

Yeah, that's the problem that dialogue box never shows up;  I select Form, Cylinder, Plane & Center point with the mouse; drag the mouse slightly to get the diameter box, enter the diameter from keyboard then press Tab literally nothing happens with tab, Enter creates the cylinder as described earlier

Message 4 of 12

well let me be more accurate, the cylinder dialog box shows up, but with only the Direction option (One Side, Symmetric); not the box with the options listed in your image

Message 5 of 12

So you are given the Dialogue box as depicted?
Tab in Dialogue boxes?  Never tried it, but I don’t think that works as expected.

….. Set diameter, with mouse stretch - Dialogue appears - select dialogue box field to alter,

enter particular,

do not press enter / Ok until all the fields been altered.

Might help….

Message 6 of 12

@M.Keith.Thompson - Please show a screen capture of what you see with the cylinder dialog, or better:  a video.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 12

Yes,  followed DaveB directions, but only the "Direction" field is shown

Message 8 of 12

And now, as instructed, just click with the right mouse button ...

EESignature

Message 9 of 12

@TrippyLighting - I think you mean "left mouse button".  Here is a quick video showing the command progression.  As soon as you click for the circle position, the rest of the dialog comes up:

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 10 of 12

@jeff_strater wrote:

@TrippyLighting - I think you mean "left mouse button". 

Oops! Yes that's what I meant!

EESignature

Message 11 of 12

That worked! thank you so much; been very frustrating 

Message 12 of 12

@M.Keith.Thompson wrote:

That worked! thank you so much; been very frustrating 

I agree that this can be frustrating. A bit of UI work on Autodesk's side would certainly be helpful in making it less so. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report