Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't bend a spline on an aircraft rib flat pattern

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
320 Views, 4 Replies

Can't bend a spline on an aircraft rib flat pattern

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen.

I am having a hard time understanding how "Bend" works when trying to bend a spline.

Here i have a flat pattern of aircraft rib and the only corner i am able to pick for bending is the straight one. Can't pick the spline line.

I understand that this is a very stupid question, but i don't have anyone else to ask, except way smarter people than me on forums.image_2021-07-02_19-41-54.pngimage_2021-07-02_19-41-44.png

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

The application will not allow the selection of a curve, spline or otherwise, because this type of bend would result in material deformation.  This is not allow in the sheet metal environment.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jhackney1972

Understood.

Is there any other type of "bend" which i can use in order to bend this whole segment? Or it would be wiser to remodel the detail and use different modelling approach?

I am sorry for wasting your time on my stupid questions 😞

Message 4 of 5
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Model in finished form. 
Sweep. 
Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

As you wish, sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report