Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Mirroring feature Extrude (from object)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kristianY3VSG
236 Views, 4 Replies

BUG: Mirroring feature Extrude (from object)

Mirroring an Extrude (from object) feature doesn´t work properly: though the preview shows the correct (wanted) geometry mirrored by the mirror plane, after OK the feature is mirrored by the "from object" point. In the past this worked well, I discovered the bug while modifying a design I haven´t opened since a longer time (don´t remember, when the last modification was done).

My question: Is this behavior intended (and I have to rework all mirrors) or a bug (and I can hope, it will work correctly one day)?

Thanks, Kristian

Demonstration example:

1. Extrude to be mirrored (from object = highlighted point)

Mirror error extr.jpg

2. Mirror features (extrude + fillet) - preview

Mirror features error preview.jpg

3. Mirror features (extrude + fillet) - result after "OK"

Mirror error features rs.jpg

4. Intended result, now achieved by Mirror (faces) selecting the affected features (Extrude, Fillet), formerly done by Mirror (features). But in many cases this trick doesn´t work - depending on the actual geometry.

Mirror error faces rs.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan.bales
in reply to: kristianY3VSG

I can sort of reproduce this, but it would be helpful to have this file when the mirror is broken.

I get a successful mirror outcome when switching to Optimized:

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.18.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 6.18.54 AM.png

I never got the partial mirror at the wrong distance but it does fail to mirror with Adjust on.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 5
kristianY3VSG
in reply to: ryan.bales

Oh, thanks! I didn´t notice these options, wondering now, how this setting could change! Maybe it´s a new feature added after my last work with the design. Now I tried some mirror features realizing, that some need to be set to "identical", the other options don´t work (error - red feature icon). The preview always shows the "optimized" version.

Well, changing this option is a much easier way than searching an optional solution for each of many mirrors, I´m happy with this.

Attached see the f3d of the shown demo. Here both Optimized and Identical do work. 

Message 4 of 5

PS: Now I discovered, that this problem occures for the "Pattern" feature too (no warning or error, just the instances aren´t created), so I have to check manually all of them too 😟

Message 5 of 5
ryan.bales
in reply to: kristianY3VSG

I do think this is more common for pattern, especially when using features. I typically pattern faces, bodies, then features in that order if possible.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report