Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in Drawings when annotating?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andrew.smithPWL2Q
176 Views, 4 Replies

Bug in Drawings when annotating?

Yesterday, I noticed that the annotation feature didn't recognize a series of tapped holes that I had made...

If you have e.g. a number of tapped holes in a circle and all holes were made individually, when you use the "Hole and Thread Note" tool you get a label such as "5x M4x0.7 6H x 10/10" ... However, if I make one hole and use a circular pattern to arrange those holes in a circle, the "Hole and Thread Note" tool doesn't 'see' the duplicated holes and labels the original hole with something like "M4x0.7 6H x 10/10".

Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Best regards,
Andrew

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Without your model, not drawing, it is just a guess on the Forum users part.  In the video below you an see it works perfectly.  I will guess that you are not creating a Circular Pattern of the Tapped Hole feature, but you are creating a pattern of the body.  Attach your mode for a positive answer.  Open in Fusion, select File menu, then Export and save to your hard drive.  Attach it to a reply post.  My model is attached for you to test.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your quick response. Here's a video of what I was describing. What am I doing wrong? I think patterning the finished hole is easier, since in the other method I have to click on each hole location, which can be cumbersome if there are more than six or ten....

Message 4 of 5

Go back and look at your video and you will see you are patterning Faces and not Features.  Set your pattern type to Features, select the hole feature from the timeline and it should correct your problem.  You can look at my video closer for the process.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 5

The devil is in the details! Thanks for pointing that out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report