Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Update Spoiled Graphics (windows) - so bad - can we go back ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
MAS.DPL
657 Views, 7 Replies

April Update Spoiled Graphics (windows) - so bad - can we go back ?

April Update seems to have really spoiled graphics (win 11 / nvidia / 4K monitor) .... 
Tried: 
Looked at supposedly fixed > https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/april-2023-update-dpi-scaling-override-no-longer-w... about dpi scaling (but is not solved) 

Also tried various variations but as sketch window below shows - not good - way too fuzzy (over antialiased)  - some settings make icons zaggy others fuzzy (over antialiased).

There seems to be some confusion over the way to set up windows for best graphics look and performance 
 But not badly needs fixing / Updating .
My system was all perfect before April Update - but now so bad (see below) I wonder ....  is there a way to undo the update ???
Labels (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MAS.DPL
in reply to: MAS.DPL

Fixed after much fiddling ! 😊 ..... The issue is: 

In Windows 11, the monitor scaling MUST be 100% for the lastest, (April)  release of Fusion 360.

All the other fixes mentioned above did not work for me and  Windows High DPI scaling makes no apparent difference

If the screen text is then too small eg on a 4K monitor,  the 'text size' adjustment works for all other apps - except fusion - which is only a minor PIA at least sketches and edges and even icons are now sharp. 

See screen shot below

Message 3 of 8
lance.carocci

Hi @MAS.DPL did you have any OS-level scaling overrides applied previously?

By default, Fusion 360 does not yet support high DPI scaling on Windows, so what you are seeing sounds expected.

There is a high DPI scaling preview option that will enable scaling for UI text and canvas graphics - have you given this a try? This option should be leaving preview within a few releases, but for now requires users to toggle it on and restart the client to take effect.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
MAS.DPL
in reply to: lance.carocci

Yes trust me I've tried every combination of Preview and existing options to fix 4K viewing problems.  Maybe I need to get a pre-M mac mini ?? 😁

Message 5 of 8
lance.carocci

What existing options were you using prior to April? As far as I know, the DPI scaling preview is the only supported means of scaling the UI on Windows - this will do text, canvas, and UI graphics, but not icons and images at this time.

Lance Carocci
Message 6 of 8
MAS.DPL
in reply to: lance.carocci

If it helps you diagnose - for the 4K monitor to be readable/useable on I used 130% scaling (before april update) and  the F360 Preview DPI setting didn't seem to do much.

Now with the April update, I use 100% as I need fusion to work as it should.  I have tweaked font sizes in windows to make other apps etc be readable. All other applications play ball with windows scaling, font sizes etc. except Fusion 🤔 

Please see attached screenshot of the results of this set up - notice how small the fusion text is compared to other readable text in other windows (including this - in Chrome browser) 

As I say I use Fusion professionally and if nec I'll get a Mac Mini if these, and other 4K issues (eg drawings not rendering at full screen) are avoided. Most Fusion developers I've come across seem to  use macs's which speaks volumes 😎 

Message 7 of 8
lance.carocci

Where do you get a 130% scaling option? I am aware of 125% or 150%, but nothing in between on Windows.

How are you tweaking scaling for applications?

I know that things will be small on a 4K display @100% - however, you should be able to use Fusion at higher scales with the preview enabled. Enabling the preview enables DPI awareness for text, canvas, and UI graphics (just not icons at this time).

I'm not sure a Mac would help you in this case - macOS supports a flat 2x scaling, so there isn't flexibility for fractional scales that you desire.

Lance Carocci
Message 8 of 8
MAS.DPL

I was super excited when I applied  update 

2.0.15995 x86_64 - rebooted Fusion and it seemed to have fixed the issue with the 4K monitor scaling at 125% and high DPI preview working.

BUT 
When  next rebooted the whole PC,  the issue was back 😞  - and now to get fusion working Ok I am back to 100% scaling on a 4K monitor and having to wear glasses !
sorry to bear bad news - looking forward to a proper fix. 

PS when I mentioned 130% I meant 125% my bad,  an approximation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report