Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All measurements gone after last update

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
LarsRey
899 Views, 33 Replies

All measurements gone after last update

Well. I'm on MacOS Monterey running an iMac and suddenly I have no measurements shown anymore. Only arrows and lines.

Searched and saw someone copied Arial fonts to Library/Fonts, which I did but no difference. What's the problem with Fusion 360?

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 22.20.04.jpg

Labels (1)
  • ore
33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
lance.carocci
in reply to: LarsRey

Those would seemingly correspond to the grid tick marks with measurement text, so very likely a symptom of the same issue. It is bizarre that they are so large, however. Makes me wonder if the text is "there" but somehow overscaled outside of the defined viewable region, if that makes sense. Also notable that they look different/clipped at different angles.

lancecarocci_0-1721834853264.png

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 22 of 34
LarsRey
in reply to: lance.carocci

You're right. The lines are probably the grid tick marks. I didn't observe it until your input that I also am missing the numbers on the rows.

So, no one at Autodesk Fusion 360 have a clue how to solve this? Anyone?

Message 23 of 34

@LarsRey @Want to start from the fonts again. Can you give a screen shot of the folder location you added the fonts and also what are the fonts in that folder? 

would it be also possible to share a design with this dimensions and we can try to open it on our end and see if dimensions are there are not? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 24 of 34

Well, I bit the bullet and installed Macos Montery from scratch and then used Time Machine to restore an older backup with this version of F360. 

Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 21.13.46.jpg

 I had everything working with text and measures. But, as it was an old version the application wanted me to update, which I did and now I'm back on square one. No more text or measures. So it's not my system that is failing.

I have several computers and just for test I installed F360 on 4 of them. Three with MacOS and one with Windows 10. All of them are showing the text just fine. But that does not solve it as I am only using F360 on the computer where it fails.

My fonts are installed on the system and in the user library. I have copied the Arial*.ttf from another iMac to this one, no difference.

I'll try to just restore F360 from an old backup to see how that's going......

Message 25 of 34
LarsRey

I just copied every single Autodesk file from the very same backup I used before to the restored SSD and booted the computer. No difference, the text is gone. There is obviously something with the latest updates that breaks something in MacOS system. The programmers on Fusion 360 should know what they've changed and fix it back to normal again.

I am not waisting anymore time to try to make it work!

Message 26 of 34

@LarsRey Thank you for the additional details. We are working on an update that addresses some text issues. Not sure if that will address the issue you are seeing but we are hoping for a fix sometime next week. Will certainly keep this thread posted. 

Also, what license you have now with Fusion? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 27 of 34

Fusion 360 Personal use.

I did one more complete restore of the SSD backup. I am back on Fusion 2.0.18477 x86_64 [Native] and it's working. I will not update to break it again. Funny it says that I must update within 14 days as I am running an quite old (since March!) version now. I bet if I restore it in 13 days Fusion will complain again that it's not updated and give me 14 more days. For what use is that "restriction"?

As a side note....  I found out that I can not open my newly made project because I am using an old version. That is silly too and I start wondering if the application is "water proof", probably not. At least not in MacOS as there seem to be so many flaws and errors!

Message 28 of 34
LarsRey

Finally. I found the problem with Fusion 360!

I am running an iMac 27" with an external 27" Mac monitor. I use to work on the left monitor which is the external. Therefore I move the status menu in system preferences display to the left monitor as it it on the iMac monitor by default.

By coincidence I found out after a backup restore when Fusion 360 was running and I changed the displays I suddenly got the five lines, no text and no measurements. Switched back to the main monitor and the text/digits in the axis show up again, and the five lines disappear. So this is a bug in Fusion 360!

After I found out what was the problem I updated F360 to the latest version, running it on the primary display and voila, no fault with text. But when changing the external display to primary I instantly get the fault. The monitor is connected to the display port on the iMac.

I don't know of those who runs a MacBook with an external monitor and set that display to primary, if they also get this issue? Try it out!

Message 29 of 34
LarsRey

When I'm on it. Please fix the Enter key (that does nothing) and the paths when either opening/importing or saving files in Fusion 360. I don't know why this is not common sense when it cones to making an application! Also if someone has a mouse that reacts to default pop up boxes, Fusion 360 behaves very perculiar and go "out of the box" when it comes to what's default and not. Also, when updating it always give no responce not knowing that "Little Snitch" is running. So it must be forced quit and THEN after that I always have to confirm new "threads" with Little Snitch. To me it seems that Fusion 360 is not purely written for MacOS and has it's own solutions that no other application in Mac has ( not even being installed in the system application folder). A lot of complaints, but they are justified. I could go on but chose to stop here.

Message 30 of 34

@LarsRey Thank you for the update and that the external monitor is what is causing this weirdness. Can you try keeping the external monitor as the primary but run Fusion not in a full screen mode? Just want to see if this is a result of the Desktop space issue. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 31 of 34

I made the external monitor the primary. Started up F360 in windowed mode, created a new sketch and then dragged the application from one screen to the other and this is what it looks like with a snapshot of both screens. They lines that should show numbers changes shape when dragging F360 from one display to another.

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 09.12.40.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 09.12.53.jpg

  

If, when F360 is open, I make the iMac monitor the primary display, no difference, the lines are there. But if I shut down and restart F360 in the very same mode everything goes back to normal. This is only if I have the iMac as primary and the external as secondary, then everything is Hunky Dory. It's cleary something weird going on when swapping displays.

Message 32 of 34
lance.carocci

@LarsRey can you please screenshot and share the contents of Hardware > Graphics/Displays within System Information? I'm guessing the behavior is due one display being Retina and the other not, but specifics would help me to confirm.

Lance Carocci
Fusion QA for UI Framework/Cloud Workflows, and fervent cat enthusiast
Message 33 of 34
LarsRey
in reply to: lance.carocci

Yes, The iMac is Retina and the external (as I use as a primary) is only 2560 x 1440.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 01.49.53.jpg

Message 34 of 34
LarsRey

I updated the OS to latest Sonoma 14.6.1 and there's absolutely no difference. Eveytime I using F360 I have to change the displays before I start it, otherwise I have this huge bug without measurements and text.

Please fix it. This is the only application  I've used for the past 30 years that behaves in this way!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report