Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After start up file explorer always goes to MY FIRST Projects

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
michael
408 Views, 8 Replies

After start up file explorer always goes to MY FIRST Projects

After your latest update my File explorer always starts in the Folder MY FIRST Project. It does not remember anymore in which folder I was before, even if I save something in another folder. After new start of Fusion I come back to the old folder.

regards Michael

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
moogen
in reply to: michael

Same here.  It would be nice to either start in the All Projects area or the latest project I was working. All Projects being preferred. 

Message 3 of 9
PhilTheGeek

Same here.  This is getting increasingly annoying as I get more projects.  Most times I just want it to open my most recently worked on project.

Message 4 of 9
jl9J8Z6

Same here.
Happens sometimes with my private account.
Happens ALWAYS with my work account.
I just customized the toolbar, now I try to manually remove the local account files as last resort.

Message 5 of 9
jl9J8Z6
in reply to: jl9J8Z6

Somehow I fixed it...
Deleting almost all account files in User\AppData didn't work this time. Seems to be an issue of the cloud file/folder-structutre to me.

So to the solution:

1. I opened my "first project" on the web (from within fusion). Note: I did so with my new work-account as my private account has basic access only right now but is the "owner" of the "first project" that causes the issue.
  2. I created a new folder inside my "first project" (which I renamed long ago).  The new folder is now owned by my work-account (I still try to figure out what happens to folders n files if an accout gets deleted/lost though).
  3. Then I moved my first ever crated file from the old folder into the new folder (and left the old folder empty for now).
  4. Back in Fusion I then navigated to my current project. I did not refresh the data panel as asked in the pop-up but closed the pop-up insted (clicking the x).
  5. I closed Fusion and restarted it. The data panel did not open in my current project but at the home screen so I navgated to my current project and closed Fusion again.

Now when I open Fusion it finally remembers where I've been working... The nuber of issued I had with the data panel in the past years is a shame!

Message 6 of 9
moogen

On occasion mine will go to the main area, but 9/10 times it goes back to my first project.  I tried deleting my very first project, since it was garbage and now my second project (now first after deleting the original #1) is opening up by default.  You would think this would be an easy enough patch.

Message 7 of 9
alan.jonesXHXUF

This has been an issue for years, don't expect a fix. My personal license account ALWAYS starts in the same project, regardless of where I was last when I logged out etc and I've reported it previously. Given up now. 

Message 8 of 9
michael

>Does not work because I archived the first project. Now it goes to another not choosen project.😓

Message 9 of 9
jl9J8Z6

Nevermind. The fix was just temporally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report