Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Setup/Create NC Program to default to turn on Use G0

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
1Macaddict
294 Views, 2 Replies

Using Setup/Create NC Program to default to turn on Use G0

I hope I can make sense of this.

When I use "Setup" to "Create NC Program" I have to always be sure to select (check box) for G0. Is there a way to get this to default to G0 being selected?

If I post process a setup without using the "NC Program" and look at the Parameters, G0 is checked. Why is it not checked in the "NC Program" setup?

On a similar note, is there a way to change the default feed rate of F650. to F600. if I don't use "Using high feed G1 F650. instead of G0." My machines max feed rate is 600 and alarms out at 650.

I'm using the HAAS NGC Post on a Mini Mill 2

Thanks in advance.
MacBook Pro 16" 2019 2.4GHz 8-Core i9 64GB
MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max 64GB
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Arun.rs
in reply to: 1Macaddict

HI @1Macaddict 

Thanks for raising your concern via Forum. 

You will likely need to edit the post processor to suit your particular needs. Open post file in a 'Visual Studio Code' or 'Notepad++' to do the required modifications.

1. To have G0 as default in property table, go to ' properties' , line number 52

a.  Set the 'useG0' property as true , default will be false in initial post.

useG0: true, // allow G0 when moving along more than one axis

2. For highfeedrate

b. Go to line number 49. Give 600 instead of 650.

highFeedrate = (unit == IN) ? 600 : 5000; // up to 600 should be supported

Hope this helps!

Regards

Arun.RS
Technical Consultant - Post Processor
Message 3 of 3
1Macaddict
in reply to: Arun.rs

Thank you for the response. I'll make those adjustments. The only down side is that I will have to remember to redo the changes whenever I install an updated post. Thanks much for your time.

MacBook Pro 16" 2019 2.4GHz 8-Core i9 64GB
MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max 64GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report