Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th axis wrapped toolpath help

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
john44SD4
194 Views, 8 Replies

4th axis wrapped toolpath help

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anybody could offer some advice please. We have a doosan dnm4500 with a trunion (4+5axis) which i have been using for just positional work until now, I'm looking at making a shift style drum just using the 4th axis for rotating the part round as i cut a path in it. I can get the cutter path to work how i want but when i come to post it it just say failed onOpen. Has anyone had similar, I'm new to 4+5 axis work. I have attached the fusion file and also a screen shot of the part.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
seth.madore
in reply to: john44SD4

What post processor are you using? I'm guessing the issue you're running into is that your Post isn't configured properly for 5 axis motion or the orientation in which you have it set

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 9
john44SD4
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth yes that's exactly whats happening, I have been using this pp for a while just doing positional stuff but not multi axis motion stuff.  Image of m/c table for reference.

IMG_20200812_133341.jpg

Message 4 of 9
seth.madore

It sounds then like your Post will need to be edited to support 4/5 axis motion. Here's an article on how you can effect this change:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-t...

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 9
john44SD4

I have already done this and the pp works if im just using it to drill holes in multiple faces or angles. I'm unsure now of what else to modify?

Message 6 of 9
seth.madore

In the picture shown above, is that the trunnion set at A0 C0?

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 9
john44SD4

That is the trunion but its set a around z and b around y

Message 8 of 9
john44SD4

Hi Seth, I'm really sorry to wasted your time but I've just realised it is my fault, instead of selecting the tube diameter as the x axis it should of been the z like the attached picture. Now  i have done this it produces the m/c code fine.

Again really sorry for wasting your time.

Kind regards

John

part.jpg

Message 9 of 9
seth.madore

Oh, not at all, that's what we're here for. 

As you can see, that was what I was leading up to with my question, I suspected as much. Glad we got it sorted!

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report