Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using drill array feature on CNC router

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
229 Views, 1 Reply

Using drill array feature on CNC router

I work with a Weeke nested-based CNC router that I've recently inherited from the former programmer. I've managed to get everything working well enough for modest production, but there's one aspect of the machine of which I am not able to take advantage: the drill array feature. I'm not sure if that's really what it's called, but it's essentially a set of bits that form an "L" shape, 30mm apart, which I'm told is designed to drill holes for hinges and shelf pins in cabinets. I cannot find any way to use these tools except for individually, one hole at a time. They all spin together, some CW some CCW, and you should be able to use any combination of these tools, all having their own tool number in the machine interface, to drill holes simultaneously. Is there any way to take advantage of this feature in Fusion 360? I currently use the woodWOP post processor from the post library.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I can still use the machine more effectively than my predecessor, I would just like to be able to use this machine to its potential.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
FrodoLoggins
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm assuming you're talking about a multi bore boring head?

One like this but with more boring bars installed on it?:

Wohlhaupter-UPA5-S-6-Universal-Facing-Boring-Head.jpg

If so, you should be able to set each boring bar as a different tool in Fusion but I don't think it's possible to use just one toolpath for all holes of varying sizes with the same Fusion tool #.

If you had 4 holes; 2 x .5" diameter, 2 x 1" diameter, you'd need 2 different toolpaths (one for each size hole) calling 2 different tools (boring bars connected to the same boring head)

If not, can you take a picture?

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report