Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to circular bore multiple components

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
friesendrywall
420 Views, 6 Replies

Unable to circular bore multiple components

Why am I unable to create a toolpath for probe bodies 4-8?  See Setup4->Bore5 and Bore4

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

When I edit Bore5 it says you have 2 edges selected, bore only works with surfaces. I don't know how you've selected edges as the op should only allow you to select surfaces, is something changing your selection between exporting the file the opening again?

Mark

Edit Sorry looking at wrong op, I looked at Bore5 (2) still something odd there as well.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

OK I have found a small problem, the holes are not quite parallel with the Z axis. They are all out by 0.01° so all should fail, but your first part is out 0.01 clockwise and your copies 0.01 the other way.

before.png

I've modified the design to use 2 patterns instead of coping and that works. Check the offsets to make sure they're correct.

Something looks a bit odd with the position of the circle in the sketch for the one in the red box.

before.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Looking a bit closer it looks like the holes are tapered and there's some problem with alignment with the Z axis.

before.png

I've attached the file with the sketch.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

Thanks, I suspected so, but I haven't figured out how to measure angle against a hole.  

It may have something to do with importing it using the OpenFileFromWeb add-in.

Message 6 of 7

@HughesTooling Yep you're pretty close, nice catch!

It has something to do with how you positioned the parts when you copy pasted them. I deleted the bodies then re-copy-and-pasted them so that they stayed level and now the toolpath is able to generate without issue.

1NKTa9x

I attached the file too.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer
Message 7 of 7

Quick note, thought I should explain how I moved the components.

When copy and pasting, under the Move dialog, I did point to point, and selected the centerpoints and moved them that way (since you already did the hard part of creating the sketch of the positions).

citLdvu

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report