Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabs leaving burn marks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
531 Views, 3 Replies

Tabs leaving burn marks

Hi

When cutting ply with a 1/4" down bit I am getting burn marks from the movement in the z-axis when the machine cuts the tabs.

My plunge rate is half my feedrate (2500mm/min and 1250mm/min), I notice 1 side of the tab is plunged and I do get a more pronounced mark on this side.

Is there anything that I can do to avoid this on the CAM side of things, or is my hardware creating this issue?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Well...

We have very little info about what you are doing:

Material size?

Cutter quality?

Machine?

What sort of tab, how big and what shape?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: seth.madore

This is in different depths of ply using a twin fluted downcut carbide bit. This is on a workbee with a dewalt 611 router, on setting 1 or 2 I forget what rpm that equates to ~16000 I think. The tabs are default size, so rectangular 1.5 deep, 5 wide? Thanks for the help. 

Message 4 of 4
seth.madore
in reply to: Anonymous

Direct plunging into all but the softest of woods typically yields bad results, a lot of head gets generated at that point. I suggest swapping to a triangular shaped tab instead.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report