Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope in 3D Toolpaths (3D Contour)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
phAWJX8
272 Views, 6 Replies

Slope in 3D Toolpaths (3D Contour)

The slope Angle is set to 44-46 (See Picture)

I'm milling a chamfer, but why does it take a cut on the sharp egdes?

My old programs (2021) works fine with slope, but now it's always touching the sharp egdes?

Does someone have a fix?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
GeorgeRoberts
in reply to: phAWJX8

Are you able to share a copy of the model? That will help us look into what might be happening here

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 3 of 7
phAWJX8

I cant share the exact file, because of customer service.

But it fails every time i do it, so i've attach a test file for you 🙂

Message 4 of 7
GeorgeRoberts

Thanks! I've just took a look at this and it does seem strange.

It 'looks like' the slope setting is actually the contact angle of the tool, rather than the angle of the surface... You'll notice that it's cutting those sharp corners at 45deg from the surface(s)

I'm not sure if this is how it's meant to work, so i'll message a few people internally and see if I can get an explanation &/ raise a ticket to resolve this

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 5 of 7
phAWJX8

Thanks! 🙂

Message 6 of 7
seth.madore

When you say "it worked in older files", what happens if you open up those older files, view the toolpath and then regenerate? Does the toolpath change?

I played with your sample file, and something (to me) seems off. If I swap to a .075" Ball Endmill, it produces what I would expect:

2023-02-22_05h34_44.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 7
phAWJX8

it working fine, but if i take a new toolpath but in the old file with the same old tool, it dosen't work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report