Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Romi M17 with Fanuc 21i-T

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
curtis_hervi
534 Views, 9 Replies

Romi M17 with Fanuc 21i-T

Hello,

Does anyone have a post for this setup?

Pretty new to CNC and hoping to cut down on the modifications needed from another post. If any.

thanks

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: curtis_hervi

Can you describe the options that come with your machine? Is it just a 2-axis lathe, or is it a twin spindle C/Y machine with live tooling, part catcher, the whole works?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
curtis_hervi
in reply to: seth.madore

Seth,
It's just a single spindle X,Z 2 axis machine with an 8 position tool changer and a single flood coolant pump. No parts catcher or live tooling.
Message 4 of 10
seth.madore

Do you have any code you know works well in the machine? It's likely that we're just going to point you at the generic Fanuc turning post processor, and it's also likely that it will require some edits to make perfect. Most edits can easily be done, while some others can be quite involved. YMMV

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 10
curtis_hervi
in reply to: seth.madore

Not yet. I figured the generic one would need modified and hoped someone had already done it.
We'll give it a try and see how it goes.
Message 6 of 10

Hey wondering if this was ever figured out, I have the same machine, cant seem to find any information on the post used, or the editing to make it work with the older machines

Thanks

Message 7 of 10

This is the post I use and have modified. If that helps at all. @antitankrifle 

Message 8 of 10

Hey thank you so much, I will try it out, and see if this works for my machine

Message 9 of 10

Did that work for you? I'm in the middle of purchasing a 2000 Romi M17 with Turret.

Message 10 of 10
CNC_Lee

@curtis_hervi @antitankrifle @servicesU63UK 

If the generic Fanuc or above post is not providing the required output, I offer post processor development services and happy to work out a solution for your machine! Message me if I can be of further assistance.

If my post answers your question, please use Accept as Solution.

CNC Lee
Fusion 360 CAM Post Processor Expert
https://linktr.ee/cnclee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report