Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postprocessor for Heidenhain (espc iTNC530)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
911 Views, 9 Replies

Postprocessor for Heidenhain (espc iTNC530)

Hi there

Is there a possibility to change the behaviour of the Heidenhain generic PP, so it uses the Tool names instead of Tool numbers?

Since this is a common option while using Heidenhain Systems.

Regards Sam

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ivan.stanojevic
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Yes, there is. You can replace the "tool.number" variable with other variables inside your postprocessor.

If you postprocess your file with the dump postprocessor you can see all available parameters related to the tool.

For example, you can change this line:

writeBlock(
"TOOL CALL " + tool.number + SP + spindleAxisTable.lookup(spindleAxis) + conditional(!isProbeOperation(), " S" + rpmFormat.format(spindleSpeed))
);

with this:

writeBlock(
"TOOL CALL " + tool.vendor + SP + spindleAxisTable.lookup(spindleAxis) + conditional(!isProbeOperation(), " S" + rpmFormat.format(spindleSpeed))
);

etc.

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 3 of 10

Pretty sure it is in the generic Siemens as a post processor property.

So you can find it there.

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ivan.stanojevic

@ivan.stanojevic wrote:

Hello,

Yes, there is. You can replace the "tool.number" variable with other variables inside your postprocessor.

If you postprocess your file with the dump postprocessor you can see all available parameters related to the tool.

writeBlock(
"TOOL CALL " + tool.number + SP + spindleAxisTable.lookup(spindleAxis) + conditional(!isProbeOperation(), " S" + rpmFormat.format(spindleSpeed))
);

with this:

writeBlock(
"TOOL CALL " + tool.vendor + SP + spindleAxisTable.lookup(spindleAxis) + conditional(!isProbeOperation(), " S" + rpmFormat.format(spindleSpeed))
);

etc.

Yes I did have a look at that, but was not able to find any documentation about, what methods (tool.number, tool.vendor) you could use. Tried it with tool.name wich apparently didn't work. So is .vendor the actual thing or just an example?

Message 5 of 10
Laurens-3DTechDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

@ivan.stanojevic wrote:

Hello,

writeBlock(
);

with this:

writeBlock(
);

etc.

Yes I did have a look at that, but was not able to find any documentation about, what methods (tool.number, tool.vendor) you could use. Tried it with tool.name wich apparently didn't work. So is .vendor the actual thing or just an example?

Pretty sure it is .description 

Laurens Wijnschenk
3DTechDraw

AutoDesk CAM user & Post editor.
René for Legend.

Message 6 of 10
ivan.stanojevic

@Anonymous

Please take a look here:

http://autode.sk/2syrhwQ

However, if you want to get the tool type instead of the listed above you need to use something like this:

getParameter("operation:tool_type")

Ivan Stanojevic

Message 7 of 10
dimikosto

i need a post processor for heindenhain itnc530 where can i download? please help

Message 8 of 10
marcus.toepke
in reply to: dimikosto

For normal use you can use the generic postprocessor from Autodesk library. Only if you wish special things you need a edited one.

https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts 

Message 9 of 10
dimikosto
in reply to: marcus.toepke

thank you very much but how can i creat one?

Message 10 of 10
dimikosto

i have a itnc530 HEINDENHAIN machine i have 3 axis xyz machine with table rotation B extra

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report