Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Items will not machine?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rockaukum
132 Views, 2 Replies

Selected Items will not machine?

I am trying to cut a new address sign for my house.  All drawn up.  There are no breaks found in the lines as each area seems to be selectable.  My first operation is to 2d adaptive.  I am trying to select everything except for the numbers (5321).  It cuts the letters at a depth of .25" and also cuts the remaining outside areas to .375".  there are two areas that fusion will allow me to select just fine but when I run the simulation, it skips those two areas? they are. the top of the "T" and the bottom of the "S".

Also, Is there a way to have fusion do one clearing at .25" offer everything (except the numbers) then drop the remaining .125". It cuts everything based on the boundaries regardless if they are both machined.

IO hope that make sense, if not ask for clarification.

Thanks for any help provided,

Rockaukum

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: rockaukum

@rockaukum 

What you have is really a 3D job so best to use 3D Adaptive, the 2D Adaptive is not what is known as "Model Aware" but the 3D Adaptive will "see" the different depths/shapes and machine them all, there was an issue with the number 3 block which I have corrected and it now blends with the rest of the Model properly.

Always best to use the 3D Model rather than Sketches 🙂

See the image below and the attached modified file, just open it and run the Simulation to get what is in the image below.

You will probably need to do two more 3D Adaptive toolpaths using the "Rest Machining" option, first with your 1/8th tool and then again with your 1/16th to get into some of the very small areas but I will leave that up to you to work out just what you want , hope this is of some help for you 🙂 🙂

address sign.jpg

Message 3 of 3
rockaukum
in reply to: rockaukum

Engineguy,

Thanks you for the help.  I gave it a try and it appears to work just fine.  What did you do to the "3"?  I can't seem to locate the issue there?

Yes I had planned to step down to the 1/8 and then the 1/16" bit to complete the cut.  I did this by doing a Derived operation and change the bit size down.  That is all I changed.  This should work, correct?  However, when I run the simulation, it wants to repeat the cut on the letters "smith" at the same 1/4" depth as the 1/4 bid did on the first operation?  the same thing happened on the 1/16" bit, derived operation.

Any insights?  

Thanks, 

Rockaukum

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report