Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Processor for RichAuto 11

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
Anonymous
18975 Views, 62 Replies

Post Processor for RichAuto 11

Hello, 

Recently our school purchased an Axiom Auto Pro 8, when it was purchased we were advised to use AutoDesk Fusion 360 as our design software, as we can use a student version for free since the school budget is extremely tight. For about a month now checking forums and trying different ideas we cannot get the CNC to replicate what we designed on the program. In the manual it reads that the RichAuto 11 controller will read standard GCode, we have tried Grbl/grbl, and RS-274D/rs274d, neither one will produce a completed project without some kind of issue. Below I attached our latest try. We are also struggling with time, the program forecasts about 10 minutes, and the actual project takes almost 2 hours. I am definitely a novice so there can be other problems within the program. I am hoping to find an answer in why we are having these dependencies between what Fusion is showing and what is actually getting done, and is there a better generic G - Code to use? Is there a different program we should use? 

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you

62 REPLIES 62
Message 61 of 63

I already found a solution for my problem. First of all, ReadT has to be activated from controller. Then the tool number itself cannot be big so I had to put for the tool change T2 from the program.

In the end the G code for the tool change looks like this:

M05

M00

T2 M06 S<s> (this is program specific, it takes spindle speed from the tool list)

M03

Im using Estlcam with LinuxCNC and finally got it working okay. Im still trying to figure out how to change the tool changing position, but I am determined 😄

Message 62 of 63
ridwaan1
in reply to: fonsecr

i tried this post processor and it worked, but for some  reason the tabs to hold down the material was not added

Tags (1)
Message 63 of 63
seth.madore
in reply to: ridwaan1

@ridwaan1 wrote:

i tried this post processor and it worked, but for some  reason the tabs to hold down the material was not added

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report