Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part left out of cut

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cad4fish
271 Views, 4 Replies

Part left out of cut

I am trying to get all the parts of this part to cut.  I've tried selecting the face contour and I've tried selecting each chain.  They all appear to be selected, but when I run the simulation not everything is included.  It's not necessarily the same parts that are left out each time.  The ones I've indicated here are more likely to be omitted, but not always.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  BTW: The part is ~13 x ~8.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
g-andresen
in reply to: Cad4fish

Hi,

There is probably a discrepancy between the tool diameter and the profile width of the cut-outs.
i.e. the tool diameter is too large in some places.

günther

Message 3 of 5
seth.madore

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 5
Cad4fish
in reply to: seth.madore

I'm not sure this is the exact file I inquired about because I tried so many times.  

I've read about "fine cut" consumables for detailed work.  I don't know anything about them and don't see how F360 would differentiate if you have simple entered your plasma cutter.  In my case I am using a Langmuir Crossfire with a Primeweld machine torch.

Message 5 of 5
Cad4fish

I created a new "tool" with the nozzle size of 0.031 rather than the 0.055 that was recommended when I first got the Crossfire.  All the parts were cut in the simulation so I ordered some of the smaller nozzles from Primeweld.  I'm out of town right now, but will try a cut when I get home.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report