Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimum Load

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
6145 Views, 7 Replies

Optimum Load

On the adaptive pass section there is a thing call Optimum Load that use to make sure I don't plunge my mill into the piece. Typically my load is .001 or a slight bit more. (I use it the same as width of cut).  

On the pocket feature I don't have this as an option.  How do I control my width of cut.  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
macmanpb
in reply to: Anonymous

Use "Manual Stepover" 🙂

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: macmanpb

is optimum load and manual stepover the same thing or a work around? 

Message 4 of 8
macmanpb

2D Adaptive and 2D Pocket are different operations.

2D Adaptive clearing calculates the best tool path to roughing out the most material, by also keeping an eye on the tool engagement which is set with "Optimal load".

2D Pocket uses the tool diameter and calculates a, let me say, static toolpath with a static stepover value. You can manually change the stepover value to control the tool engagement.

Hope i have explained the differences typically right. 🙂

Message 5 of 8
al.whatmough
in reply to: macmanpb

Here is a video that explains the difference between the two.  I hope it helps.

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: al.whatmough

I have a tormach 770 1 hp stepper cnc 

Awesome video,  My question is really related to the relativity of these two functions. In the 2d and 3d adaptive clearing I typically start with a woc/optimum load of .001IPT.  I then work my way up and typically can push upwards of 0.0016 on aluminum.  My question is related to how this relates to stepover in non adaptive function.  Should I place my stepover at 0.001? 

Message 7 of 8
al.whatmough

It is a similar concept but a different result.

Even if you set a stepover of .001" the tool will still end up the tool having 100% stepover in corners as shown in the video above.

---------
AL Whatmough
Director Product Management - Manufacturing

Note, I love to engage on the forums. However, I spend a lot of time in meetings trying to help clear the path for our amazing team of Developers working on Manufacturing at Autodesk. So, if I don't respond immediately, it's not that I don't care.
Message 8 of 8
daniel_lyall

@Anonymous Have a look on NYCCNC youtube channel he did a vid on his 770  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzBFJ7oRo8c  it will help

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report