Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHAMFERING

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
692 Views, 4 Replies

CHAMFERING

Ok, trying to chamfer with F360 is BEYOND useless. I just cant get this to do what I need done, and if it DOES happen to fool me into thinking it will do what I need, It IMMEDIATELY crashes.

Any workarounds?

I REALLLLLLLLLLY need to be able to do a 3d contour chamfer.

Thanks

John

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Steinwerks
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you attach an example for us to work with? Difficult to know what you want without one, to be honest.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 5
George-Roberts

Are you trying to chamfer a 3D contour, or use 3D Contour to chamfer an area?

If you are trying to chamfer a 3D contour, have a play around with the 'Trace' strategy, that should give you the desired result.

If you are trying to chamfer with 3D Contour, trying using the avoid/touch surfaces option to contain the tool to the face you are trying to chamfer.

They are really the only two things I could think you might be struggling with... If you share a bit more information, perhaps we could help further 🙂

Cheers!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: George-Roberts

screen shot 1.png

What I'm trying to do is chamfer the inside hole on the top face, the outside of the top face, and down both sides of the center section, which is at a slight angle.

Chamfer works, on the flat 2D stuff. Trace does not work, or I can't figure out the correct tool side offset. Currently running the toolpath with it set on CENTER. Trying to shift it,.it's not working.

If I have 3d Sketch slected, why does it want to force 2d?

Thanks

John

Message 5 of 5
Jimmyfabs

I use Trace for 3D chamfers however if your chamfer tool comes to a point then the sideways compensation won't work. The tip measures 0 and doesn't know left of right. A workaround I found was to change the tip of your chamfer tool to something small like .002 and that allows the sideways compensation to work. You'll need to play with the chamfer and stock to leave options to get your desired chamfer but once you figure it out you can use those settings for future 3D chamfers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report