Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model missing selections error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
difalkner
3229 Views, 8 Replies

Model missing selections error

This is a file I have used several times but today I wanted to modify the settings so I opened it to make those changes.  I chose Edit for the 2D Contour to cut the outer profile of the part and wanted to add Smoothing.  When I closed the dialogue box the toolpath failed to generate and the error message that 'the model is missing a selection' was given.  However, if I back out of that and undo then the toolpath appears again so that tells me it should be ok if I make changes.

What am I missing on this?

Thanks!

David

David Falkner
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Steinwerks
in reply to: difalkner

You likely altered the original edge chaining. You should just be able to reselect the geometry for your contour.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 3 of 9
difalkner
in reply to: Steinwerks

I tried that, no luck. I also tried to do a 3D contour but that didn't work, either.
David Falkner
Message 4 of 9
Steinwerks

Can you export the file as a .F3D and attach it here?

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 9
difalkner

I tried to upload the screencast but it failed to insert. Here is the link - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/getting-started/caas/screencast/Main/Details/f38c2...
David Falkner
Message 6 of 9
difalkner

Yes sir! Attached - Thanks!
David Falkner
Message 7 of 9
Steinwerks

So it looks like once you changed the model it invalidated its selection in the Setup. Edit your Setup, clear the Model selection, and reselect your body and it should work fine again.

Neal Stein

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 8 of 9
difalkner

That did it, Neal - thanks so much! So easy to fix but I didn't think to look there. Learning... 😉
David Falkner
Message 9 of 9
OFGLLC

Sometime that works.  Sometime I have to create a new setup from scratch and then move the operations to it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report