Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW Tool Library

266 REPLIES 266
SOLVED
Message 1 of 267
veso58S5W
149706 Views, 266 Replies

NEW Tool Library

😫that's first impression.
What was the reason to change?
Why mess up good things?
How you organize tools? If I want list to be by #. Or by diameters?
Renumber Tool, now I must go through several operations.

266 REPLIES 266
Message 261 of 267
martha.deans
in reply to: veso58S5W

Hi all, 

I'm trying out something new where folks can book 30 minute slots on my calendar to chat, hopefully to give some constructive feedback on the tool library, but also to hear any issues, workflow pain points, or ideas you might have. 

You can book at this link: https://calendly.com/marti-deans/officehours 

Also very open to feedback on this format! I'm sure time zones will be a limiting factor as will other meetings already on my calendar, so if you're struggling to find some time let me know and I will do my best to figure something out. 

Also, hopefully goes without saying, that abuse of this link or me will not be tolerated 🙂 Please come ready with what you'd like to talk about and continue to follow the community guidelines while we're chatting!

Marti Deans
Product Manager, Fusion 360 Manufacturing
Message 262 of 267
Jamie_Kandel

Is there a way to unlink the tool libraries in the same file? We tend to run the same parts on different machines, so I'm looking for a way to have different tool numbers in one setup from another, but all in the same file.

Message 263 of 267

Hi @Jamie_Kandel 

Unfortunately there is no way currently to do this exactly as I think I understand you want it. That being said just in case you are not aware when you select a tool from a library for use in an operation, a copy of that tool is actually made into the document. You can of course edit the tool number of this copy in the document without affecting the original tool in your library.

Where you have multiple setups in the same document using the same tool with different tool numbers for now you will have to make additional copies of that tool into the document, and change the tool number for each one. We know this workflow isn't ideal, sorry about this.

Thanks
Stephen

Stephen Irvine
Principal SW Engineer
Message 264 of 267
gtprototype

I successfully avoided the new tool library by going off line during Fusion 360 start up for over 2 months!  Unfortunately, the update snuck through today. ☹️

At face value what was improved, my need for new perscription glasses?

Old Tool LibraryOld Tool LibraryNew Tool LibraryNew Tool Library

Dale Speakes
prototype technology
Message 265 of 267
Ketherton21

My favorite feature of the new tool library is the part where it’s been 3 years of people saying they don’t want it or at least want changes but no matter what you set your monitor at or anything else as soon as it pops open you have to get welding goggles to see anything on the screen. 

Message 266 of 267
RaftechEng

I have also avoided updating for many months to avoid this new library. Unfortunately I was forced to update the other day. I don't understand how this is better in any way. Please bring back the old style or at least give me an option in preview settings. 

Message 267 of 267
seth.madore
in reply to: RaftechEng

@RaftechEng the old library will not be coming back. What exactly is it with the new library that isn't working for you?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report