Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CAM tool library tools are out of order

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FrodoLoggins
525 Views, 5 Replies

New CAM tool library tools are out of order

Unable to reorder them:

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 11.19.05 AM.png

- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2006
- Apple M1 Max rMBP A2485 // Latest MacOS // Latest Fusion
- Usually working off files uploaded to Fusion as: Step, STL, SLDPRT. If it matters ask me.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@FrodoLoggins  Hi, just to make you aware you are looking at a preview which in functionality terms is behind the good work done within the development team. Filters is part of that work and re ordering tools a priority.

Are you still persisting with using the new library? Although your comments may reflect work we are focusing on, as always, user feedback is very important to the team and I appreciate your valuable opinion. 

Thanks

Christopher Cooper
Technical Consultant
Message 3 of 6

@christopher.cooperVHK2N

1)Now that the new tool library is part of the main program, the issue of tools not being in order is still a thing. Also, when you do sort them into order, the library doesnt remember this and you have to waste mouse clicks to reorder them everytime the tool library window is open.

2) there are no tick boxes anymore next to each library, so everytime I open the tool library window lathe tools show up in my list of tools when I don't need to see them. (however, this may be less of an issue because of #3 below)

3) When I open the tool library window the main tool library selected is "All" and not the active document like it was before this upgrade. This makes it so I'm not presented with the most logical information I'm looking for. I don't want to see other files libraries when i first open the window.

4) The light gray color border between tool libraries when you have multiple selected (i.e. when All is selected) blends in too well with the background and makes then window look bland and harder to read. Darker/Thicker lines would make makes the window so much easier to read and see the layout.

5) Part of the column filters used to include surface feet per minute, spindle speed (essentially cutting parameters). Helps when the same tool is called multiple times with different feeds and speeds. Although with the new cutting data window at the bottom this might be a moot point, however, just the name of the preset is shown with no other data that would be useful like cutting parameters.

I have no idea where else to post this but seemed appropriate.

Message 4 of 6
ARTHUR-HM
in reply to: boyerYQZ7W

Another update that completely slows down my work flow. I thought updates were supposed to do the opposite.

Adding to your list of frustrations is the fact that every time you edit the tool, the last tab you were on for that tool isn't saved for the next tool. I used to be able to open up a tool, edit feeds and speeds, and then open the next tool and that tab was up and ready to go. Now it defaults back to the first tab every time I open a tool. 

I'm also not quite sure what they did to the actual list of tools, but I have a much harder time reading the tool names quickly. Maybe that I can get used to. 

I used to be able to renumber tools. When I did this it would renumber the tools based on the order they are used in my setups. Now, I'm not sure what it's doing when I renumber, but it isn't that.

The whole shop has been complaining to me today and pissed off, slowing everyone down in the process. I've voiced a lot of these issues months ago while it was still in beta. Bummed they launched it and it still doesn't seem ready.

Message 5 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: ARTHUR-HM

@ARTHUR-HM I agree with your observations, I'm running into the same frustrations in my own shop. Fortunately, you CAN revert back to the old Tool Library, it's in your Preferences > Preview Features

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 6
ARTHUR-HM
in reply to: seth.madore

@seth.madore You are the man. I don't know why I didn't think it was possible to revert back. I just assumed it was forced into existence and that was that. Very glad to go back to the old one.

I would love a merge of the two. I really like the idea of having one instance of the tool in my library and having presets for different materials and strategies. Makes for a much more streamlined tool library. The old library just feels faster and a cleaner feel overall. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report