Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NC Program Extension

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dcpanzone
454 Views, 2 Replies

.NC Program Extension

Need to change .nc to .txt in NC Programs on a mac. Tried posting through Post Process as usual but after this last update theres not route to specify a folder or file name and it just blindly saves the post somewhere.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mattdlr89
in reply to: dcpanzone

In your image you don't have a post selected I'm not sure if that is causing you a problem?

Otherwise see my screenshot. Name goes in blue (it might have to be a number), and output folder is green. Make sure a post is selected in yellow.

mattdlr89_1-1611304437704.png

Message 3 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: dcpanzone

@dcpanzone 

As @mattdlr89  has pointed out to you there is no Post Processor selected, the extension .nc, .txt etc is in the PP so if none is selected then no extension will appear.

So depending on the PP being used if it is already set to output the .txt extension then just selecting the PP will give you the correct .txt extension, however you may have to modify the PP to change the extension output, it is usually near the top of a PP, something like the image beow, I have highlighted in Green the line to change, for example where it has "tap" you would change that to "txt" and save the PP.

Extension mod.jpg

Hope that helps some 🙂 🙂

Stay Safe

Regards

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report