Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

milling a 90 degree V groove in abs with a 90 degree V-tool

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
katy.eldridge
274 Views, 7 Replies

milling a 90 degree V groove in abs with a 90 degree V-tool

I am trying to programme a CAM path to cut a V groove 4mm deep 90 degree 8mm wide.  I have programmed the cam path using 2D Contour and changing the spec on the countersink tool in the library.  The groove has to reach a point and not flat on the bottom.  

The programme works in fusion and cuts the groove but when its is manufactured on our Router it is cutting the groove a 1mm to short do you know why this could be? Could it be in the tool set up?  When it cuts the groove with an end mill without the 45 degree edges it cuts deep enough.  Does anyone know why this is or am I using the wrong program ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: katy.eldridge

Hi,

Did you try the „Engrave“ tool?

Please share the file for reply

File > export > save as f3d on local drive > attach to post

günther

Message 3 of 8
katy.eldridge
in reply to: g-andresen

hi yes I did but I couldn't get it to follow the contour. I could try it again. At the moment i've been trying to trick it by picking and end mill tool in the fusion but choosing the 90 angle tool on the router this doesn't work for different depth of groove though.  

Message 4 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

please share the file!

günther

Message 5 of 8

file 

Message 6 of 8
seth.madore

Your toolpath in Fusion looks correct. That said, I'd likely favor the Trace toolpath for this, along with using Start/End extensions of the selected contours.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

I would do that with the Trace Tool.

günther

Message 8 of 8

thanks I will give that a go on the router and see if it solves the solution.  thanks so much for the advise

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report