Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing Strategies

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mbanksA3C2H
188 Views, 4 Replies

Manufacturing Strategies

I am having trouble with the manufacturing strategy for this small part (attached). The first issue was the radius on the top. I tried a parallel tool path with a ball nose, but it kept lifting on the edge (in simulation) creating a lip. I tried several methods with not much luck. I switched to a flat endmill and it looks better in simulation. Next, I can't seem to find the correct tool path for the slot. Any ideas for an overall strategy would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can do an offset face if you'd like the tool to extend even further away from the surface.

simply use 2D contour with ONE side of the slot selected

Surface - offset (0.) - Extend all side

programming2C78B_0-1720462142288.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 5

I think I recreated what you suggested (attached), but when I setup the parallel tool path the tool still doesn't go onto the extended area. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Message 4 of 5
weber_dominic
in reply to: mbanksA3C2H

Check this file out. 
For the Parallel Toolpath i used a Machining Boundary and unticked the Contact Point Boundary.
For the slot as mentioned before, just use one contour and here i extended the start and end.
Hope it helps you.

Message 5 of 5
mbanksA3C2H
in reply to: weber_dominic

That looks good. I guess I didn't try that exact combination. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report