Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine Simulation Idea

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
271 Views, 6 Replies

Machine Simulation Idea

I know Fusion doesnt currently have full machine simulation (axii move instead of "spindle head")

Heres a suggestion that might help get Fusion to full machine simulation faster and easier.

Since everything in Fusion, for the most part, is "model aware", would it be possible when programming 5th axis parts to select an axis on a 3D model machine platter, or axis, that tell Fusion to move the part on along those axis, and "locking" the head (tool) in place in say a Z axis position for machines like the UMC series. Then machines where the part spins along the "C" axis, and the spindle head moves in the desired axis, the part could be locked to Z up, and select the spindle head to move instead.

I know its not something as high tech as Vericut or other dedicated machine simulation,  but it could be a huge leap in the right direction of "true" machine simulation in Fusion. In the setup page there could be a "5th axis" option, when selected allows you to select the Z up, "B" and "C" axis, give limitations to said axis (+-120 degrees), then moves the model according to the program, vs the head moving to the part.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
procst
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for the feedback it is always appreciated.

I can say that machine simulation is on our roadmap and we really see the value this will bring to our users.

I cant say much more, other than watch this space and we will keep the updates coming 🙂

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: procst

Yeah i've read its on the "roadmap" 

Just like text along a curve has been on the "roadmap" for about 3 years, and is one of the most requested items in Fusion 360.....

Message 4 of 7
Richard.stubley

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry that was me posting before from a testing account. Rookie mistake not logging out.

I understand saying "its on the roadmap" doesn't give you much to got on.

It is on the roadmap and being actively worked on, so rest assured it is a high priority of ours.

Richard Stubley
Product Manager - Fusion Mechanical Design
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Richard.stubley

Any idea at all as to when we might get a glimpse? Beta?

Message 6 of 7
engineguy

@Anonymous 

Here is a glimpse of what I have on my other software, just a simple "Generic" 4 axis setup, I left the chuck jaws out for clarity, my graphics aren`t too hot so not the best quality but this simulation is supplied to dozens of CadCAM software companies, hopefully this will be looked at by Autodesk or maybe the one in FeatureCAM that Autodesk also own ??

Glimpse is here :-

http://www.alroracing.com/BobCAD_Videos/MachSim_Generic_4_axis

List of Modulewerks Parteners is here:-

https://www.moduleworks.com/partners/

Enjoy 🙂 🙂 🙂

Stay Safe

Regards

Rob

Message 7 of 7
seth.madore

Fusion SOON.jpeg

All kidding aside, work is ongoing and it's certainly going full steam. I can't give any timelines, but I'd really not expect it to be years away.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report