Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe Programming

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fflesh
244 Views, 2 Replies

Lathe Programming

Hi, 

I've had trouble with this before and one responder wanted to argue with me vs trying to understand what I was struggling with which resulted in me abandoning Fusion all together. Well I need to use it again for lathe programming and am having trouble with Finish passes cutting to size although I'm requesting stock to be left for subsequent passes. This is but one of many issues I have but currently I cannot get Profile Finishing to actually leave material on the part. I know I can just use Profile Turing and turn off finish pass but why is the Profile finish an option WITH Stock To Leave yet it won't leave the stock. I like to use two separate finish passes.

When I confirm with the simulator it definitely shows the material being left but the post is to size. I'm using a simple Haas TL1 with the Generic Haas Lathe Post Processor. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: fflesh

@fflesh 

OK, I`m game for a crack at this, I have done a small example just turning a 50mm bar down to 40mm using a Profile Rough and two separate Profile Finish Passes and it seems to work fine and the code looks right to me, I think that you may not be reducing you stepovers in the first finish in order to actually leave some stock for the second finish pass, too much to type out for my old fingers so I have attached the Fusion f3d file, the nc file and the HAAS PP file that I used, run the simulation and click on the "Info" tab and you will see the cut depths for each pass, pause it and then do single block moves, a lot easier to see what is happening.

The roughing goes to X41, the first Finish goes to X40.2 and the second finish goes to X40 which is exactly how the operations are set, ignore feeds/speeds etc, this just to show it working 🙂 🙂 🙂

Hopefully you can make sense of the above, I tend to ramble a bit !! (Just playing the AGE Card) 🙂 🙂 🙂

Stay Safe

Regards

Rob

Message 3 of 3
akash.kamoolkar
in reply to: fflesh

@fflesh If you're using "in control" compensation with stock to leave for profile finishing then that is a known issue that has been fixed for an upcoming release.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report