Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an Ideas board for Fusion 360

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
billostratum
236 Views, 4 Replies

Is there an Ideas board for Fusion 360

I don't see anything relevant in the list of Ideas boards.

Where does one submit an idea?

Bill

billoStratum
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: billostratum

Several years ago, we did have an IdeaStation, but we've moved away from that model of gathering feedback and support for future work. Usually, folks will just post in this forum when they have an idea to share and it will eventually make its way to developers. Truthfully, we have quite the backlog of planned work, so it's quite possible that what you're looking for may already be on our radar.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
I_B_Jones
in reply to: seth.madore

Hello seth.madore 

I see from your above reply that the Ideas board (for Fusion at least) is no more...

1. Though the Community User Guides still point to such (see https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-user-guides/how-to-post-to-the-idea-boards-collaborate/td-p...  ).

Perhaps that needs "tidying up"?

E.g. I'd been searching for how to submit a "Feature Request" and found no guidance - except for a few posts already in the Fusion forum/groups that use "Feature Request" in their submission... Some easy-to-find official guidance/policy might be useful...

2. T'would be useful to be able to see what Ideas are already in the Developer's queue (or been submitted and discounted/no support). No point us posting if something's already there, though it might be useful to add support for existing Ideas.

Best regards, IanBJ

Message 4 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: I_B_Jones

@I_B_Jones 

Hello Ian!  Thank you for raising this concern.  Those pages DO need a facelift, and it is on our roadmap, however, the guidelines for posting to Ideas Forums is still valid. It is also true, however, that not every product team has chosen to have one of these forums.  That decision is made by the product developers.  Many, including the Fusion team have chosen other methods of gathering user feedback such as the Insider Program (link in my signature), and the AutoCAD Beta community.  Some teams do both, like the Inventor team as an example.  As Community Manager I'm always here to help if I can, but in this case, I think you might want to check into the Insider Program and see if that suits your needs.

Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5
I_B_Jones
in reply to: CGBenner

Hello, and thank you for swift response. TrippyLightning had already alerted me to the Insider programme...

But that's not really appropriate here - I'm not a fluent user of Fusion or a professional designer/CAD user.

However, good product extension ideas are not just limited to prime users...

Thanks for your reply, explanation and help .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report