Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Tool into Library VORTEX

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
992 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Tool into Library VORTEX

Hi everyone,

I am new to CNC and Fusion 360.  I am at school where we have a Flexicam Stealth CNC machine with Vortex bits / tools.

I am told we can only use the following tool:

"vortex 1/4" 2 flute straight"

Here's a copy and paste/url link to the mnfr's website:

Part # Description CED CEL SHK DIA OAL
4033 SC DE Straight Flute 1/4 1 1/8 1/4 3

My question is:

Is there a way to import the data from the into Fusion360 Automatically?  is there a Vortex Library?  I notice manually inputting a tool has a lot of options that are beyond my knowledge--which is why I am asking this question here.

Thank you for any help, any would be much appreciated.

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
xander.luciano
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey there!

Nothing to be worried about when inputting new tools, all that matters really is the diameter. Beyond that, flute length is just how long the sharp portion is. I'd be happy to explain all the terms to you, but those 2 are probably all you really need to concern yourself with at this point. Here's what you'd likely enter for a new tool.

ZdtXpVA

Though, you can use any of the sample library tools, all that matter is that the diameters match up. You'll want to mess around with the feeds and speeds, but I think your school should go over that. 

EPqCZrr

That should be enough info to make you dangerous haha. Don't go more than half an inch at a time when cutting, and try to avoid a full width cut until you get the feel for things. Honestly though, most of the default speeds, feeds, and settings are relatively safe.

I'd be happy to answer additional questions though!

Best,
Xander Luciano

Xander Luciano
CAM Content Developer

If my post is helpful, press the Kudo button - If it resolves your issue, press Accept as Solution!
Quick Tips: When to resselect CAM geometry | Understanding Smoothing in CAM | Adaptive Facing | Online GCode Viewer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report