Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Machine Configurations?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jgaertner
841 Views, 9 Replies

How to find Machine Configurations?

I have a Machine Configuration in my Machine Library. I am about to buy a second, differnet CNC machine and I want to create a new configuration for it. I can see/edit my machine #1 configuration in "Machine Library / User Library"  but I just realized it never shows up when I begin a new set up for an operation with Machine 1 ? Where did it go? I guess I did not notice before it was not there? 

How do you make it so Set Up shows your CNC machines? Sorry if this is a really basic question but I am stumped.

Jgaertner 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: jgaertner

They "should" be in your Cloud library. Are you not seeing those?

2020-01-03_08h37_28.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
jgaertner
in reply to: seth.madore

Hello Seth, I was expecting to see the different CNC machines I could choose from in the set up box like in the Fusion 360 tutorial? Red arrow pointing to the area where the machines are supposed to be, I thought?

Here is a screen shot from my computer. I do have my #1 machine in the cloud folder. 

Thanks. Jgaertner Machine-Libary.jpg

Message 4 of 10
seth.madore

Samples doesn't give you anything?

2020-01-03_08h57_18.png

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 10
jgaertner

Yes, I have all those choices. But I was under the impression from the Fusion Tutorial that the 2 machines I created in my Machine Library wood show when I did a new set up? Machine #1 and Machine #2 for lack of a more creative way of addressing them. So one is a CNC mill and the other is a CNC router. No choice of machines appear when I do a new "Setup" in Fusion? Maybe I miss understood the tutorial?

Message 6 of 10
seth.madore

Oh oh oh oh! I see what your issue is now, I didn't see it clearly from your photo. You need to go into Preview and turn on Machine Configs:

2020-01-03_09h09_35.png

Seth Madore
Message 7 of 10
jgaertner

I knew I was missing some step along the way! Thanks. Jgaertner

Message 8 of 10
chrisvargsch

i dont´find that, you cand see. You know why?

fddfbdf.JPG

Message 9 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: chrisvargsch

Machine Configurations has been moved out of Preview and should be available in the product already.

2020-04-22_06h10_37.png

Seth Madore
Message 10 of 10
chrisvargsch

Yes i can see that botton but i want this simple machine milling 3 axis but i dont how to visualize it. May be first i need to configurate the axis, which machine i have to select to simulate like you see in the first capture, I don´t know my friend. Do you have a video tutorial of that?

yjhgjy.JPG

fddfbdfhjkhjk.JPGfddfbdfyuyuy.JPGjkhhjk.JPGooklklk.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report