Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear the material from these corners?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andetodd
685 Views, 4 Replies

How to clear the material from these corners?

Hello, I need to just start doing some test cuts to see what comes out, but does anyone have tips to share on how I should get the last of the material out of these corners?

I would assume that cuts 8-10 ( Contour, Parrallel, Pencil ) would take care of this, but it seems they're not.

This screenshot shows these 4 corners, the top two have that blue wall and then a tan strip at the bottom - how to get that strip out?

The bottom two corners in the middle of this holder have a lip on that outer edge, how to get that lip outta here?

Thanks!!!

Model file: http://a360.co/29gZppk

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 1.47.33 PM.png

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LibertyMachine
in reply to: andetodd

You are in "Fast Mode" in your CAM Simulation. It takes some awful shortcuts on it's display. Chances are, you are all set!

You want to set it to "Standard"

Simulation Mode.PNG

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 5
andetodd
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Thanks for pointing that out, but I am actually using Standard mode for this simulation.
Message 4 of 5
LibertyMachine
in reply to: andetodd

My apologies.

Digging into it, it's because of a few settings you had in your 3D milling passes.

For starters, your part has fillets, your endmill of choice is a sharp corner

For the walls: (cut #8)

You had "Ignore Cusps" and Adjustment Offset was set to .020

I set it to:

Machine Cusps, Adjustment set to zero

Your heights tab was actually set to stay .187 off the bottom of the floor. Intentional?

For the floor: (cut #9)

Same deal on the Cusps and Adjustment Offset. It was staying .020 away from the wall

Side note: I see that the side walls on the top of the finbox_holder are at 89.9 degrees. Intentional or not enough sketch constraints? Only reason I found that out was because I wanted to make a recommendation. If possible to use, 2D can sometimes be a more efficient toolpath and more easily controlled where and where it does not go. For the sidewalls, I'd quickly set a 2D contour pass and call it good. Floor? I'd figure out a pocket or simply a 2D contour routine with multiple passes. Your mileage and needs may very, but just food for thought. Fusion does offer some simple tools to get stuff done, just got to figure out how to apply it

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 5 of 5
andetodd
in reply to: LibertyMachine

I've fixed the walls, thanks for catching that. Implementing the changes you suggested now. This is all new to me, easy to miss details like machining cusps. I'll make a new setup and try out some 2D cuts, thanks!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report