Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find, copy and edit linuxcnc generic post processor on a mac?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mataf01
691 Views, 4 Replies

How do you find, copy and edit linuxcnc generic post processor on a mac?

Hello,

I would like to edit the generic linuxcnc post processor of my mill in order to to make it work for the setting of a new 4th axis i will have soon, but I can't find it and save it as personal post pro. The folder autodesk/cam/post is empty.

How can I do it please?

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LibertyMachine
in reply to: mataf01

Doing a search on this site, what I found is this:

/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/XVU3R5GTE27D/CAMPosts

This "should" get you to the generic post files. 

To edit them, you can open them up in Brackets if you'd like, or download a JavaScript editor. Notepad++ works great for PC, although I don't think they support Mac.

DO NOT save the file back to the generic folder. Put it in your Personal Posts section, which can be found here:

/Users/<user id>/Autodesk/Fusion 360 CAM/Posts

I don't have a Mac, so this is all second hand info

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 5
mataf01
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Thanks Kudos,

but I don't have that path on my mac , I have made a search for ".cps" extension and it even doesn't find anything.

thanks again anyway.

Patrick

Message 4 of 5
Steinwerks
in reply to: mataf01

If you specifically want one to edit then I'd suggest going here and searching for LinuxCNC: http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/

Once downloaded and edited, make sure you save it to your Cloud Posts and NOT the generic posts directory (if you've found it by then, that is).

I don't have a Mac either so not much use in finding that directory.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 5
mataf01
in reply to: Steinwerks

Thanks Kudos for quick reply again. If it can help, I’ve found another solution. I’ve installed fusion 360 on a virtual windows machine on my mac (like parallel desktop), connected to my account, as it is possible to edit the postpro under windows, I’ve edited it, made no changes," saved it as" on my OS X desk and than copy it to my personal post processor folder on the mac to edit. Ouf done. But your solution is simpler of course.
I hope the possibility to edit the post processors will be reactivated in the futures updates for mac users. 
Thanks again Patrick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report