Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High-Feed Ramping, Need help!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MkAdNk
222 Views, 4 Replies

High-Feed Ramping, Need help!

After watching this video by Dapra Cutting Tools, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mowfTN-kTdA , I spent a couple hours trying to replicate it on a facing operation and failed to get anywhere. I am machining 304 stainless steel and it looks very beneficial compared to other potential toolpaths.

Have you considered high-feed indexable tooling as a more efficient, more cost-effective, less limiting alternative to dynamic/high-efficiency milling when pocketing or profiling? Dynamic milling is all the rage right now. You use a solid carbide end mill and execute a heavy depth of cut using ...
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: MkAdNk

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here or privately?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply. To share the file privately, it's the same process, but email it to me: seth DOT madore AT autodesk DOT com

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
weber_dominic

See the Ramp Checkbox under the linking tab. That should do it like in the Video.

Message 4 of 5
MkAdNk

Fusion360Help v1.pngThis is the best I can do, but it is nothing like what I am seeing in the video, The video has a huge advantage because the cutting force is greater in the Z direction reducing vibration in my stainless steel. 

Message 5 of 5
seth.madore

What the video shows for behavior is also possible in Fusion. So, we need to find a way to replicate the video approach inside of Fusion. I think we can do that with a couple toolpaths in Fusion:

2023-08-24_10h54_50.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report