Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAAS NGC Post changes, Z full retract (above tool change) on 4th axis rotatory indexing, and defining Home Position Ccenter "x" value

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BnagelNTZ
250 Views, 7 Replies

HAAS NGC Post changes, Z full retract (above tool change) on 4th axis rotatory indexing, and defining Home Position Ccenter "x" value

I have two questions regarding changes that I need to make to my NGC Post Processor.

•  Full "Z" height (or defined Z height) before 4th axis rotary indexing.
    • Currently my machine is going to tool change height.
    • I plan on disabling "Force XY Home Position On Indexing" and require the Z to move higher then tool change height. My machine is a TM-0P and it has additional travel.

• Manually defined "X" position for Home Position Center.
    • Currently my machine is going to X 3 and some change. I would like this to be X 11.0
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AdamKunzo
in reply to: BnagelNTZ

Hello,

I offer PP modification as a service and I can sort out this for you. Send me a message if you would like to get a help from me.

Message 3 of 8

the safety retract is g53 z0 on all the haas machines - not all can go above that point. You could do a find and replace, but do you actually have to go that much further up to clear things?

x3. will be the center of your part, correct? Is x11 a tool change position for this job, or something you want done on EVERY part for the rest of time? 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 8

@programming2C78B 

This machine is specifically setup to run a single part "multiple possible configurations" in two setups. Setup one is mounted to the table and Setup two is mounted on the rotary. Instead of defining the "Retract" height between operations in setups it would be nice if the post would just default to the max z value instead of me manually changing it.

The part we will say is a large square, and the corner to corner height when it rotates has the chance to come in contact with the tool mounted in the spindle.

X11 is where the table is centered in the door allowing for me to move the part between the two fixtures without having to do a manual jog. So yes, X11 for the rest of time.

Message 5 of 8

@BnagelNTZ wrote:

@programming2C78B 

X11 is where the table is centered in the door allowing for me to move the part between the two fixtures without having to do a manual jog. So yes, X11 for the rest of time.

find this in your post, somewhere around line 3400. Change the xhome to -11. and the zhome to +(?) of however high you can/want to go. 

Disable Model center in the post window inside fusion so it uses this instead.

NOTE: Im not sure if this works, or when it may default to using this (force tool change, etc). Keep an eye and look for expected behaviour. Its now hardcoded for your machine always. 

// define home positions
  var _xHome;
  var _yHome;
  var _zHome;
  if (_useG28) {
    _xHome = 0;
    _yHome = 0;
    _zHome = 0;
  } else {
    if (properties.homePositionCenter &&
      hasParameter("part-upper-x") && hasParameter("part-lower-x")) {
      _xHome = (getParameter("part-upper-x") + getParameter("part-lower-x")) / 2;
    } else {
      _xHome = machineConfiguration.hasHomePositionX() ? machineConfiguration.getHomePositionX() : 0;
    }
    _yHome = machineConfiguration.hasHomePositionY() ? machineConfiguration.getHomePositionY() : 0;
    _zHome = machineConfiguration.getRetractPlane();
  }

find th 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 6 of 8

I'll give this a try and report back later today.

Thanks for your assistance!

Message 7 of 8

I went ahead and made the following changes, z height still went to tool change height z0, and x went to x0.

// define home positions
  var _xHome;
  var _yHome;
  var _zHome;
  if (method == "G28") {
    _xHome = toPreciseUnit(-11, MM);
    _yHome = toPreciseUnit(0, MM);
    _zHome = toPreciseUnit(4, MM);
  } else {

***UPDATE: after coming inside and re-reading the post processor code, i should select use "G28" instead of "G53". Going out to make this change and try again. Will report back.

Message 8 of 8
BnagelNTZ
in reply to: BnagelNTZ

Selecting G28 did not work either

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report