Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haas controller tool to big error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ftporta
8166 Views, 7 Replies

Haas controller tool to big error

Hello All,

Just reworked a Haas VF-OE that I've never used so far with Fusion 360.  When I post out a test program that works fine in the Fusion simulation, the controller on the Haas returns a "tool too big error" (error 369) when it tries to machine the second op.  The second op is a 2D contour finishing operation around an island using cutter comp.  Specifically, the control stops execution and highlights line N10000.  The NC file is attached, as well as a screen cast of the test part that was posted out.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
daniel_lyall
in reply to: ftporta

There is a lot of posts online with that error http://www.helmancnc.com/haas-alarm-369-tool-too-big/   what is D1

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
engineguy
in reply to: daniel_lyall

@ftporta

Hi, it looks like you have a D1 tool offset call that is moving the tool offset from the CAM software to the machine control, check in the machine control what the tool offset #1 is set to, not sure if it is the same in the HAAS as other controls but most have an offset amount for wear/actual size that is a very small value, often the actual diameter or radius has been input by mistake making the tool "Too Big" for the cut to be made.

Anyway, I am with @daniel_lyall with this, the D1 would appear to be the culprit, also you could try setting the "Compensation Type" to "In Computer" just as a test as that should not generate the G41 D1 line of code and see if the error clears at the machine.

If you can please upload your .f3d as it does make it easier for folks to look for errors, thanks Smiley Happy

Regards

Rob

Message 4 of 8
ftporta
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Yes, I changed D1, and finally got the alarm eliminated.

Thanks Daniel.

Message 5 of 8
ftporta
in reply to: engineguy

Rob,

You and Daniel were correct.  I finally got back to the Haas VMC yesterday, and reduced D1, and the controller executed the program.  I appreciate the help.

best regards,

Frank

Message 6 of 8
daniel_lyall

Sometimes the second and 3rd look are needed to find a silly little problem glad it is sorted.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 8
markEJ3EB

Where or on what screen do you go about changing D values? On tool offset page? 

Message 8 of 8

Yes. The tool Dia should 0 on the controller (offsets page) and then use In Computer or Wear in fusion.
Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report