Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting probe locations on a cylinder

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mwatson
79 Views, 2 Replies

Adjusting probe locations on a cylinder

I've created a fixture using an array of ID clamps from Mitee-Bite and I need to machine the clamps to size. I would like to probe a WCS for each clamp to maintain concentricity and even clamping force. My problem is that the WCS probing routine for a circular boss will only probe in the X and Y. This puts the probe on the expansion slits when probing in the X.

Is there a way to rotate or move the probing pattern? I tried to create a component with the slots modeled to use a stock but the probing routine won't even recognize it as a circular feature.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
programming2C78B
in reply to: mwatson

depends on your machine. On a HAAS you will need to calibrate your probe in a new cycle to allow for non-axis directions and measurements. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 3
mwatson
in reply to: programming2C78B

Thanks. I had forgotten that Fusion just calls the Renishaw macros and that those would be the limiting factor.

I'm going to use the geometry probing to see how far the clamps are off relative to the plate's datum feature. If it's more that a thou or two, I'll clamp drill bushings with the clamps and pull WCS's from those.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report